The Student Room Group

Book on Bin Laden's death

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by UniOfLife
Who really cares?

A few people at least it would seem. I thought it was interesting and wondered what other people thought. If you didn't think it was worth talking about why comment?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
The entire thing smells fishy to me. Everyone's already forgotten that the exact same special forces team's battalion's helicopter got shot down just a week afterwards and half the passengers died.

Of course the Administration told them it was a kill mission. Why on earth would it want to give a trial to a former ally that the CIA trained in the 80s? Wouldn't want that info coming out again would we?

The most disturbing aspect of all this is just how much the government is willing to lie, lie and lie again over such small details. It makes you wonder about the bigger picture...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Battenberg
A few people at least it would seem. I thought it was interesting and wondered what other people thought. If you didn't think it was worth talking about why comment?

You asked people what they thought. My overriding thought was that most people don't really care whether Osama bin Laden was shot once or twice or seventeen times, and whether he was shot when he stuck his head out of his room or only after going back inside it.

If you only wanted certain thoughts you should have been more specific.
Reply 23
You asked people what they thought. My overriding thought was that most people don't really care whether Osama bin Laden was shot once or twice or seventeen times, and whether he was shot when he stuck his head out of his room or only after going back inside it.

If you only wanted certain thoughts you should have been more specific.

I wanted opinions. That is an absence of opinion and imo quite rude to people who are interested in this story.
Original post by Battenberg
I wanted opinions. That is an absence of opinion and imo quite rude to people who are interested in this story.

I disagree. My opinion on the issue of this book is that it is of little interest to most people. I also doubt its trustworthiness if that helps you :smile:
Reply 25
I disagree. My opinion on the issue of this book is that it is of little interest to most people. I also doubt its trustworthiness if that helps you :smile:

Oh yeah, undoubtedly, I gave a brief mention to it being potentially unreliable in my OP, I just wanted to know what people thought based on the assumption it's true. Also I can't help but be amused that, apart from myself, you've posted more on this thread than anyone despite holding that opinion, cheers for helping keep this in latest threads :wink:
Reply 26
It's standard procedure for the SAS/SBS/Navy Seals etc. (any elite military unite) to neutralise any potential threat. If they get sent in, and you're the person you're after, your chance of survival are always slim to none. This isn't something unique to Bin Laden. Sometimes, in multiple terrorist scenarios they will leave one alive so they can collect information, but for the most part it's a shoot on sight policy. Even if you're laying face down on the floor with your arms behind your back there is a high probability they will just take you out. They don't send these boys in for fun.

Also, there have been multiple instances when dealing with Islamic radicals, where they have tried not to kill the combatants, for them to subsequently blow up a vest. So their lives are not worth the risk.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending