The Student Room Group

Aqa B A2 Revision Help!!!

Hey, I am doing AQA B psychology as you may have guessed from the title. I have a copy of the spec. and have cmpleted the course now except for the stats part.

But!! As i'm going back over my notes im realising i don't know any of it! I thought I had revised it :-(

I now have the whole course to try an re-learn, not only that this is the most annoying psychology boards, some of my friends don't have as much to learN!:frown: :confused:
Any tips for how to revise effectively? I really need an A or B in psychology and the way i'm going i'll get a U or something. It just won't go in no matter how hard I try!!
:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :confused: :confused:
Reply 1
Need more help? You could get help with this question at Coursework.Info
Reply 2
do you think i am rich? tsh
Reply 3
Right first, think positively :smile: we all have to put up with exam boards we're given and I don't think the AQA B spec is that bad, you have to know a few topics in a lot of detail.

When revising follow the specification very closely, there's no use revising things you don't need to know. Make mind-maps, spider diagrams, bullet points, flashcards, diagrams, record things to tape-whichever way you learn, you can do something. Revising isn't easy, so if you know that your struggling, just do your best.

Take 5 mins breaks for every 30mins revision-it stops your feeling totally bored and lets your mine rest.

Do as many past questions in exam conditions as you can get hold of, ask you teachers.

Finally if you want to be really thorough get hold of a A2 text book that your teacher can recommend for covering topics in detail.

Good luck and don't panic, you've still got time left!
Reply 4
Depending on how many topics you've learnt from PYB4, you could choose 3 topics to revise in a lot of detail, but then in the exam, that limits you to those 3 questions. For example our teacher has taught us 2 topics from child development and 3 topics from atypical behaviour. As you have to answer one question on child development and one question on your option topic, then learn the two you feel most comfortable with, then learn another topic from either child development or the option for your third question, but as i say, that limits the choice of question you can answer.

You can do that on PYB5 aswell for the 2nd question, you choose either a question about debates OR the scientific approach. For the debates question, you have to learn like 5 debates, whereas the scientific approach question, you only need to know the is psychology a science stuff and the role of scientific enquiry etc. But again, just revising for the scientific approach question will limit your choice.