The Student Room Group

Have I made the wrong decisions?

I want to do Pharmaceutical Sciences at uni, so I picked my AS Levels based on that. Today I had my enrolment interview and finalised my choices, I picked Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Geography. Are these ok? I got A's in all except Biology why is only a B because of my coursework. Will I manage? I have been told there will be too much workload for me...
Is it not too late to worry about this now?
Reply 2
Original post by Battenberg
Is it not too late to worry about this now?

I can change it within 3 weeks
Original post by lucasluke
I can change it within 3 weeks

Fair enough. I can't say anything on the other subjects however I did physics at A level and found it quite difficult, not because it was impossibly hard but because I wasn't also doing maths like every other person in my class. Since you also aren't doing maths you may have similar difficulties. Impossible to say until you start the course though really.
Original post by lucasluke
I want to do Pharmaceutical Sciences at uni, so I picked my AS Levels based on that. Today I had my enrolment interview and finalised my choices, I picked Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Geography. Are these ok? I got A's in all except Biology why is only a B because of my coursework. Will I manage? I have been told there will be too much workload for me...

You'll have a sizable workload with those subjects, but it isn't anything that you should struggle to cope with given your background. I know people that have gone from BB in Double Award Science and achieved to a high standard in science subjects at A-level, and you're in a better position than they were.

You just have to focus and be committed to your studies and appreciate why it is that you're studying those subjects (as you wish to do Pharmaceutical Sciences at university).

If you feel the workload will be too much then you have the option of changing Physics or Geography, as Chemistry and Biology are the subjects you will require for university admission.
It would have been better to do Maths instead of Geography but it should be alright
Reply 6
The reason I did
Original post by Tullia
You'll have a sizable workload with those subjects, but it isn't anything that you should struggle to cope with given your background. I know people that have gone from BB in Double Award Science and achieved to a high standard in science subjects at A-level, and you're in a better position than they were.

You just have to focus and be committed to your studies and appreciate why it is that you're studying those subjects (as you wish to do Pharmaceutical Sciences at university).

If you feel the workload will be too much then you have the option of changing Physics or Geography, as Chemistry and Biology are the subjects you will require for university admission.

Thanks!

Original post by AverageExcellence
It would have been better to do Maths instead of Geography but it should be alright

I didn't take Maths because I only got a C at GCSE so I couldn't of gotten onto the Maths course.

Quick Reply

Latest