The Student Room Group

Girls: Who is more attractive? Hipster Geek vs Athleticism

Scroll to see replies

i wouldnt say that justin timberlake is a 'hipster geek'
neither i vote chuckle brothers lol
Original post by jamboogy
Lol. Tell me, please, tell me why Justin Timberlake's attire in the OP is so 'hipster'.

- unshaved stuble / pube facial hair
- Glasses which designed is retro 70's aka ****
- And then the hair style of messy/gelled?wet/something.

Why am I having to explain this? :curious:

Original post by Sheldor
If that's true, then why is Matt smith dating Daisy Lowe?

Easy advertising for her.
On top of that she could be very insecure which would make sense if she is in modelling.
Reply 63
The main problem that girls have with muscular/athletic men is that they feel incredibly intimidated by them

Pretty much all women would prefer an athletic guy if they were not so insecure with themselves

Original post by randomguy786
You trolling?

The guy has literally no muscle. Lazar Angelov is perfectly healthy and is not on steroids. He has incredibly low body fat and is an extremeley successful fitness model.

Lazar Angelov takes steroids please dont kid yourself

Pretty much every successful fitness model is on something. Thats how the business works.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by Sheldor
Meh, don't think it will make you more attractive.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

to whom? plus most guys who are into bodyuilding aren't doing it only to be attractive to girls.
Option C) Chuck Ragan.
Original post by bmqib
to whom? plus most guys who are into bodyuilding aren't doing it only to be attractive to girls.

No, it's just that a lot of my friends seem to want to be "ripped" to "get chicks". I was just saying that it doesn't necessarily help your case, but I suppose my friends must just be the minority.

Original post by Jimbo1234

Easy advertising for her.
On top of that she could be very insecure which would make sense if she is in modelling.

Look at all the well known supermodels. Look at their husbands/boyfriends. Most of them don't exactly have muscles.

Reply 68
Original post by Sheldor
No, it's just that a lot of my friends seem to want to be "ripped" to "get chicks". I was just saying that it doesn't necessarily help your case, but I suppose my friends must just be the minority.

your friends are doing it wrong, bishes love muscles
Reply 69
Original post by >Untitled<
Hipster Geek :colondollar:

Too much muscle on the athletic one!

You must marry me!!
Reply 70
Original post by Arva
I don't actually know, why did you think that? :lol:.

However women are biologically primed to be attracted to men with athletic physiques, dating right back to when the best females had to mate with the best male specimens to provide better chances of survival, as well as the idea that back in those times they needed someone who fulfilled the role of protector as well.

So I really don't understand why so many people vote the other one. I can see how an OTT intimidating physique could seem too much to some, but this is about the concept of each, not just the individual pictures.

You appear to enjoy appearing on attractiveness thread - maybe you should become a health and relationships mod too. :lol:

I don't fully get this geek thing too, although I do understand why "cleverness" is important. So-called "geeks" don't usually have flashy label on them that shout, "I am a geek" and people who dress in the "geek" appearance aren't necessary "geeks". As a stereotype, I think it fails. :lol:

Yes, natural selection does favour finding men with good physique. :smile:
Original post by ipoop
You must marry me!!

youre only saying that coz ranbow rejected you :hand:
Original post by bmqib
your friends are doing it wrong, bishes love muscles

Yeah!

Remember that TSR doesn't represent the who British female population.

Muscles would win in a nationwide study guys! Don't fret!
Original post by randomguy786
Yeah!

Remember that TSR doesn't represent the who British female population.

Muscles would win in a nationwide study guys! Don't fret!

Only with the party girls.:smile:(They're the only girls in my school of 1000 that go crazy for muscles.)

Reply 74
Original post by >Untitled<
youre only saying that coz ranbow rejected you :hand:

NO! I truly love you, overly attached girlfriend, I want you to be my overly attached girlfriend :love:, I want you to have my babies! Besides you still have my coat that you took from my house, that has to mean something right?
Reply 75
Original post by silentlife
You appear to enjoy appearing on attractiveness thread - maybe you should become a health and relationships mod too. :lol:

I don't fully get this geek thing too, although I do understand why "cleverness" is important. So-called "geeks" don't usually have flashy label on them that shout, "I am a geek" and people who dress in the "geek" appearance aren't necessary "geeks". As a stereotype, I think it fails. :lol:

Yes, natural selection does favour finding men with good physique. :smile:

If only :moon:

Obviously intelligence is one of the main factors in attraction, both for genetic and purely preferential reasons. However, geeks aren't always smart, and not all smart people are geeks, by a long way. Also, the word geek has nothing to do with good looking men who happen to wear glasses with those rims - also the clothes are really unpleasant in my opinion (OP's pictures).
Reply 76
Original post by kka25
:laugh: And how do you know that? :tongue:

Well, having watched various south park episodes, and having also Googled small penis syndrome on Urban Dictionary, I now know that when a man has an inadequate sized genitalia, he feels the need to improve every other aspect of himself to draw away the focus on his man area, it can be excessively working out, being a bully etc....
Reply 77
Why are you comparing physique to clothing choice? It makes no sense, the ripped guy could normally wear the same clothes as Justin is wearing in those pictures and "Geeky" guys could be muscular underneath their clothes.

"Geek" and "hipster" are completely different subcultures, and Justin Timberlake is neither.

This is what I typically think of as "hipster": hispter.jpg

Maybe you don't see many beardy hipsters like that, but they're not quite JT, are they? A "geek" is something entirely different. Wearing large-framed glasses doesn't make you a geek, it's not really a fashion statement, it's about personal interests and lifestyle choices. Again, someone can be athletic and "geeky."

*sigh*
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Sheldor
Look at all the well known supermodels. Look at their husbands/boyfriends. Most of them don't exactly have muscles.

Depends which models, and most husbands/boyfriends (if the model is not gold digging) tend to be good looking and in moderate shape eg Dicaprio.
Reply 79
Original post by Jimbo1234

You told me to "note the design and style of the clothes" which identifies a hipster. Are you telling me that any checkered or plain shirt makes you a hipster? What is this magical style of shirt which makes you a hipster?

All you're doing is making an outrageous claim that anyone who has (facial) hair vaguely considered messy and wears a certain style of glasses is automatically a hipster. This in itself is a stupid and small minded claim because you are basing it on two factors - hair and glasses. Oh wait, is it three factors, with the addition of the style of a shirt, which you haven't explained at all...?

Quick Reply

Latest