The Student Room Group

Security tag

Scroll to see replies

bunthulhu
Yeah in Boots we have tags on a lot of stuff and I'm sure they're pretty much all real because we have to beep them to demagnetise them, and if they're duds they aren't magnetised so won't beep, but they all do, except when we forget/they beep but secretly don't demagnetise (grr!!)/they're hidden and so the customer sets off the alarm and we go oopsy daisy :smile:

We've recently got a security guard who has stopped a lot of shoplifters!

some woman served me in boots and i'm sure she didn't sort out the alarm thingy on my mascara cos she didn't like me, lol cow
Reply 41
This happened to me. I bought 2 tops from H&M and both still had security tags on when I got home. I was amazed that the alarm didn't go off at the door or suomething. I was soo annoyed! My mum pulled them off in the end because we couldn't be bothered to go back. I heard that a strong magnet works as well
Reply 42
happened to my mum at a Levi's outlet in America..
tho we wer travelling n no way we could go back to the store..
so she jus simply removed it by hand !?(tho i dunno how...)

maybe u can try that?!
Reply 43
sheryl06
This happened to me. I bought 2 tops from H&M and both still had security tags on when I got home. I was amazed that the alarm didn't go off at the door or suomething. I was soo annoyed! My mum pulled them off in the end because we couldn't be bothered to go back. I heard that a strong magnet works as well

apparently sum shops have "fake" security thingy at the door instead of the real one to cut cost bt to scare ppl off lol..
Reply 44
tom_pinnock54
i once bought my gf some sexy underwear, and the checkout girl didn't take the security thing off, i felt more embarrassed taking it back than i did buying it! lol!

:rofl: That is hilarious.
Reply 45
sunscreen
omg my new look NEVER takes the tags off! all the other shops HATE THEM! because they see people walking in their shops dorothy perkins, topshop, boots, etc with a new look bag and know instantly when the alarm beeps that the stupid idiots havent taken the tags off! mind you looking at the ppl employed by my local new look its a wonder they actually remember how to put the item in a bag in the first place! lol

Do you by any chance live in Reading? I set off an alarm walking into the Quiksilver in Reading and the girls on the shop floor were instantly like "Have you bought anything from New Look?". Ours doesn't use the plastic tags - the paper tags with the barcodes and prices are programmed to set things off and have to be deactivated with some sort of computer thingy - except apparently New Look's is never working. It's not that they forget, just that the machine's awful.
Have any of you seen the new secuirty tags? i saw them today in a lot of shops. They still have the tags that activate the alarm but now also have tags which spray ink out if tampered with!
Reply 47
those inky tags aren't new...

:smile:
may i ask which shop you bought the item from??

definetly take it back i wouldnt want to try and remove it it is dodgy, go into another shop like suggested or wait until you can get to the shop and just take it back, then you are saving £60 and i am sure you have something else you could wear till then!
Reply 49
Ooh that happened to me. I bought a bag in Freespirit and couldn't understand why alarms kept going off! Although you're right; no one seemed to care about the alarms so it would be easy to steal something if you really wanted to. But in the end I went back with the receipt and they just took it off straight away. It's probably best if you go back to the exact shop you bought it from - it'll probably have the name of the person who served you on the receipt, and they can be given a telling off from the person in charge to make sure it doesn't happen again :p: Now I always watch to make sure the assistant takes the tag off!

But whatever you do, don't try and take it off yourself!
Most tags operate via a magnet...
Reply 51
I bought a jumpsuit yesterday from new look in the sales and when I got home I put it on and there was the security tag left on it never went off in any other shops but I've binned my receipt what can I do!??.need help... Can I take it back in ??.
This happened to me once when I bought a jacket from Topshop. I was scared they'd think I was a shoplifter so I got my mum to go back and get the tag taken off🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply