The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent - clearing accomodation please help totally freaking out!

basically long story short, i applied for accommodation the normal way but heard nothing back checked the website and it says we apply a different way if were in clearing gives a link to clearing website and then mentions nothing about accommodation i am totally freaking out how do we apply for it!?! ive not been able to enroll in yet either due to not being given my details yet. please help!
Original post by emmaxyz12
basically long story short, i applied for accommodation the normal way but heard nothing back checked the website and it says we apply a different way if were in clearing gives a link to clearing website and then mentions nothing about accommodation i am totally freaking out how do we apply for it!?! ive not been able to enroll in yet either due to not being given my details yet. please help!

Just call up the accommodation office today - you will get somewhere

01227 766660
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Just call up the accommodation office today - you will get somewhere

01227 766660

Squeaky Squirrel is right :smile: -- They'll eventually get round to your accommodation if you have applied, but if you call up the accommodation office it seems to be done much faster :redface:
Reply 3
Did you get anywhere when you called them? I'm totally in the same situation! Gotta wait till Monday to give them a ring though :frown:
Reply 4
I emailed and they said they'd get round to me and I'd I haven't heard back by the 7th to call up. Totally freaking out haha I can't hand in my resignation at work or anything in case I end up staying! :s-smilie: I haven't even been able to enroll yet they haven't sent me my details I feel so messed around :frown:
Reply 5
Oh my god! I thought I was the only one freaking out! I'm thinking about handing in my resignation too =/. It doesn't help that they said that we aren't guaranteed accommodation either :frown: I really want to live on campus. Why can't you enrol? Isn't it just clicking on a link online and uploading a photo??!

*uber freakout mode*
hey guys,
Don't freak out, went through the same process myself last year,
Calling is great advice and id definitely give it till Monday but be prepared if they eventually give you nothing, i found out i had no accommodation a few days before term started lol

the accommodation forum is your best bet here :
https://www.kent.ac.uk/forums/accommodation/login.php?redirect=index.php&sid=bab956a9ae68cab571094effebecd972

off campus is better than no campus in my books, i had a great time in my house last year too so its not the end of the world.

let us know how you get on :smile:
Reply 7
Someone has posted something about a spare room as well: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2111240 - could look into that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending