The Student Room Group

Been out of education for a while, feeling down :(

I was always the intelligent, fast learning student, that sailed through my GCSE's with bare revision and gaining all A*'s and A's. But, then I became ill with anorexia, and it took over 2 years of my life. I did go to Yr12, but didn't really sit my exams as I didn't even turn up to lessons half the time, and I managed to get through a whole year at sixth form without learning one thing. I didn't go back to resit Yr12, I knew I was too ill, and if I carried on i'd have 'failed' again and have to deal with all the emotions that come along with failure as well.

I'm looking to go back to complete my A levels full time the beginning of 2013, and to then fulfil my dreams at University level. But, I'm losing hope. As of yesterday, I've decided I'm going to rebuild the old pathways in my brain and revert it back to it's once brilliant state.

Is this possible?
I'm going to practice mental arithmetic, do brain games online, read more books, learn forgotten material, and focus on learning a bit of AS biology this year as I always found it the most challenging A level for me.

I know the brain is a resilient thing, but I'm a compulsive worrier and I lose belief in myself easily even if ,scientifically , there's is evidence to the contrary of my worries that all will be resolved.

Has anyone been in a similar position and regained full power from their brain? Or does anyone have any good advice to point me in the right direction to regain my full potential?

Thank you xx
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending