The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

So whos going to Kingston?

Well I hit Kingston in 2 weeks time. So was wondering who else is going there.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
I'm going there for geology, haven't met another person doing the same course yet though :P
Reply 3
Im going, im doing mechanical engineering with a foundation year, staying at kingston hills walkden, havent found anyone else yet.
Reply 4
Doing the most exciting degree ever...

Accounting and business. :cool:
Reply 5
I am :biggrin: studying forensic science and investigative analysis

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
Reply 6
I will be doing nursing :smile:
Hey
I'm in year 13 and will be applying for uni soon and I'm really really interested in Forensics.
I'm a little worried about getting in because I've been told by a few teachers that Forensics is a really popular course, one of my teachers mentioned doing some sort of work experience.
So I didn't know if you did any or what sort of experience I should do? :s-smilie:
I did spend a week in a hospital for work experience which was really epic, I sat in on clinics and helped on ward rounds, but it wasn't really related to forensics. So I didn't know what to do :/

Any ideas??
Thanks xx
Reply 8
Original post by mildredbubble
Hey
I'm in year 13 and will be applying for uni soon and I'm really really interested in Forensics.
I'm a little worried about getting in because I've been told by a few teachers that Forensics is a really popular course, one of my teachers mentioned doing some sort of work experience.
So I didn't know if you did any or what sort of experience I should do? :s-smilie:
I did spend a week in a hospital for work experience which was really epic, I sat in on clinics and helped on ward rounds, but it wasn't really related to forensics. So I didn't know what to do :/

Any ideas??
Thanks xx

Do you mean that you'd need work experience to get into uni? If so which uni's are you interested in applying to? I didnt do any forensics related work experience but i got offers from all unis i applied to.
If you want to get into a top uni then they may require experience but i doubt it, maybe contact unis you're interested in :smile:

Well I was looking at Bournemouth, UWE, Nottingham Trent and a few others. I mean the requirements don't say I have to have work experience but I didn't know if you had any considering you got in :/

Reply 10
Well I was looking at Bournemouth, UWE, Nottingham Trent and a few others. I mean the requirements don't say I have to have work experience but I didn't know if you had any considering you got in :/

You wont need experience to get into those unis, i only had experience in a hospital like you and i got an offer from bournemouth

Ok that is good to hear!
Thank you :smile: I really want to go to Bournemouth!!! Haha

Reply 12
Ok that is good to hear!
Thank you :smile: I really want to go to Bournemouth!!! Haha

Haha no problem :smile: yeah bournemouth is good for forensics, good luck!

Reply 13
Original post by Man92
Im going, im doing mechanical engineering with a foundation year, staying at kingston hills walkden, havent found anyone else yet.

I'm doing that course? Have you any idea what books we need for the science aspects. I've got the maths ones. When's your enrollment and do you know if we have any events/meetings during freshers we have to attend?
Reply 14
Original post by flik9999
Well I hit Kingston in 2 weeks time. So was wondering who else is going there.

I am exactly one week until I move in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Musester
I'm doing that course? Have you any idea what books we need for the science aspects. I've got the maths ones. When's your enrollment and do you know if we have any events/meetings during freshers we have to attend?

Oh yeh :tongue: i dont think we need any books to be honest, well they should be provided hopefully but ill have a look and get back to you on that one. I got an email about enrollment, I enroll on the 15th between 9 and 10am, dont think so, not yet anyways, it said in my email that after I enroll ill get another email about the course, so its all on short notice and I move in on the 13th well i think everyone thats doing engineering do.
Reply 16
Original post by Man92
Oh yeh :tongue: i dont think we need any books to be honest, well they should be provided hopefully but ill have a look and get back to you on that one. I got an email about enrollment, I enroll on the 15th between 9 and 10am, dont think so, not yet anyways, it said in my email that after I enroll ill get another email about the course, so its all on short notice and I move in on the 13th well i think everyone thats doing engineering do.

I ordered two books I was told to yesterday for £40. My enrollment is on the 15th as well although mine's at about 11 I think. My moving in date is today, although I don't think I'm staying till some point next week.
Reply 17
Original post by Musester
I ordered two books I was told to yesterday for £40. My enrollment is on the 15th as well although mine's at about 11 I think. My moving in date is today, although I don't think I'm staying till some point next week.

How did you get told about them? I havent recieved anything :/ ah cool straight after mine akthough i doubt it will take a our :tongue: hmm so are you there now?
Reply 18
Original post by Man92

I'm enrolling at the same time as you :smile:

Reply 19
Original post by 19941994
I'm enrolling at the same time as you :smile:

wow nice, which campus are you staying at? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending