Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Manchester dental school

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    MDS says it wants its applicants to have 2 weeks work experience with a general practitioner of dentistry, but what if im in a place where i cant get work experience? im an international student :/
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    You need work experience before applying to any dental school..I am an international student & got into manchester this year & at the interview I was asked questions which I was only able to answer because I went for work experience.. I would suggest you look around & try as much as you can to get work experience.. there has to be a place in your country where you can go & witness a dental clinic.. xanother option you have is get work experience in a different country
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im the same situation but the only difference is that I'm still doing A levels. I have virtually rang up every single dental surgery in town and no one seems to do work exp But I'm not an international student though. Anyways good luck with it
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You have to be 18 here, and by then its too late for me to apply for work exp, or else my personal statement would be rushed. oh my god im so screwed
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kinglynx)
    You have to be 18 here, and by then its too late for me to apply for work exp, or else my personal statement would be rushed. oh my god im so screwed
    maybe you could try explaining them your situation & then they'll be able to help you out..or may be use your contacts ie. maybe your parents knows someone around & may be they could just talk to them personally
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nav_Mallhi)
    Im the same situation but the only difference is that I'm still doing A levels. I have virtually rang up every single dental surgery in town and no one seems to do work exp But I'm not an international student though. Anyways good luck with it
    If you're struggling to find work experience in your town, you might have to travel further for it. Try big cities near to your town, who will have a lot of Dental surgeries that you can ring up. I took nearly an hours train ride each day for one of my work experience placements
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    No the whole countries policy is no work experience pretty much, same with part time jobs , they dont exist... its UAE... so yeah
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racheatworld)
    If you're struggling to find work experience in your town, you might have to travel further for it. Try big cities near to your town, who will have a lot of Dental surgeries that you can ring up. I took nearly an hours train ride each day for one of my work experience placements
    Yeah I could try doing that. But this work exp. thing really pissed me off! Thanks for the advice though
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nav_Mallhi)
    The advice of racheatworld about going to cities near by is good, and I had to travel for alot of my work experience as well! Don't just ring dental practices, go in and ask them. Be prepared for them to say no, but don't let it get you down. Just move on and ask the next dental practice!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kinglynx)
    No the whole countries policy is no work experience pretty much, same with part time jobs , they dont exist... its UAE... so yeah

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 6, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.