The Student Room Group

Studying history at university with mediocre As levels

Hi, I got in my As levels history A, Geography A, chemistry D, use of maths D and I'm carrying on history geography and chemistry into A2. Is it possible or a good idea to apply to unis offering AAB or should I be looking at lower level Unis? I really don't have a clue which university open days I should go (high ranking or low rankings ones) and who to apply to. My personal reference is without sounding cocky I believe to be quite good, however that's my opinion and I know history has high competition. Do I have any chance in applying to good unis offering AAB or should I be aiming lower? Honest opinions please no matter how harsh or blunt.
if you think you are capable of AAB then go for it however you will need to convince you chemistry teacher to predict you a B as predictions is what a university looks at or if the chem teacher doesnt and you get AAB then you could always take a gap year and re apply to the uni's you want to go too.

and yes it is possible i know someone that got DDEE and turned it round to AAAb after re taking some AS units and working his fu**ing ass off for A2 as well
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Thankyou, the chemistry is a real worry see and I was expecting better than that (at least a C) as AS, but got a D so I was very disapointed, but I shall retake and do my best to raise it to at least a B! It is just all the extra work that will be a pain!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending