The Student Room Group

What's YOUR hangover?

Hangovers are usually viewed as headaches and vomiting, but not for everyone! For example, I've never had a typical hangover in my life (despite drinking quite a bit), but I normally completely lose my appetite for a day or two and pretty much forget to eat until someone catapults a sandwich into my face. It'll be quite useful, I suppose, once I hit university and become a student with only enough money to buy a bag of pasta once a month.

What's your hangover?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've had a different hangover every damn time. My last was the worst. Mixed alcohol. Tiny bit of weed (first time). Smoked 2 cigarettes (also first - and last - time) was so nauseous. I vomited and it took me a week to be properly balanced again. Blegh.

Usually I get headaches though. Nothing too much
Reply 2
Never ever get a headache.

I wake up with a really dry mouth and then usually feel nauseous and dizzy all day. I never feel like I'm going to physically throw up, more of a groggy feeling.

My hangovers seem to be pretty random though, one day I can drink loads and wake up feeling fine, then another time I can drink the same amount and be out of action for 2 days!
Reply 3
People say that the closer to 30 you get, the worse the hangover. It's true. My hangovers now hang around for about 3 days although I only feel like I'm going to die for the first day.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Always a headache. And not just any headache, but one that feels like my head is in a vice and my neck is being twisted by Satan! no amount of water/coffee/painkillers etc helps so I just try and sleep it off. Defo got no stamina anymore, I'm only 25!!!
I just feel really tired and lethargic for a day. Annoys a lot of my friends, I'm 30 and my hangovers haven't changed since I was 16 whereas theirs are definitely getting worse!

I have had about 4 "proper" hangovers in my life, no idea what triggered them but I'm so glad I don't always have them, it was horrible.
Reply 6
Normally it's an achey type of tension headache (however I put this down to grinding my teeth in my sleep as I have vivid dreams after the consumption of alcohol lol), aching muscles, very tired and serious hunger.
Then again, if i've had way too much to drink I normally wake up to be sick, as I really am scared of dieing on my own vomit lol. This normally lasts for about 6-8 hours after waking up, then i'm ready for round 2 hehehe .
Reply 7
Slight dizziness and feeling like I'm about to throw up

This was posted from The Student Room's app in my head
Reply 8
The worst hangover I ever had was a mix of a hangover and a comedown (MDMA).

So I'd gotten really drunk. And then I'd taken 1/2 gram of MDMA.

Woke up the next morning, first thing that hit me was JAW ACHE. It was like a constant source of deep pain in my jaw. Moving it any direction was agony. Leaving it still was still painful.

Next was the headache, it was throbbing, as if my heart was in my skull and every pulse sent out pain that flowed into the rest of my body. Loud sounds were nothing short of terrible.

I lived in a house with six others and they were all around me, but I spoke about 12 words that day in total. I just was so hungover and so... depressed that I couldn't speak.

I couldn't eat either as it was too painful to chew any food.

Couldn't work, thinking hurt too much.

I haven't mixed drugs and alcohol since.
Reply 9
I always try and stay up until I feel less wasted, so I don't get really bad hangovers. In my first year of uni I had the worst hangover of life. I woke up feeling as drunk as I did when I went to sleep, stumbled into a 9 am philosophy seminar after having to get off the bus early to avoid puking. Half way through I had to excuse myself to go to the bathroom and got lost on the way back. I spent the rest of the morning in the library nursing a Lucozade and googling 'INSTANT HANGOVER CURES'.
My hangovers usually involve feeling as though my frontal lobes are about to burst through my skull and being unable to swallow because my mouth is as dry as the bottom of a bird cage. Not an attractive way to spend the day after any half decent night out, tbh. :tongue:
Dry mouth, dizziness, nausea, the shakes, aversion to light and loud noises. It's not a pretty sight :p:

The worst hangover I ever had was back in first year when I woke up at 2PM, realised I had an important microbiology write up due at 4...and spent the next two hours with my flatmate in the kitchen feverishly scribbling down everything I could, all the while shaking and feeling as though I was going to pass out at any moment. I had to go and chunder in the middle of it too. Got it done at 3:55, ran all the way to my department in pyjamas and slippers, handed it in just as the admin assistant was emptying the dropbox. Went back to my room and slept until 10PM.

All of that for a B ffs :hmpf:
(edited 11 years ago)
Never get a headache.

I usually just shake and get random chills.
I just wake up feeling like ****
Reply 14
I've yet to get any headaches, but I'm usually just very tired, dizzy, dehydrated, and feel like I'm about to throw up when I move around in any way. So I usually just end up lying somewhere quiet with looads of water until I feel better, which is usually 4-5 hours after waking up.
I rarely get hangovers, but when I do, my tummy just feels a bit off and i might feel a bit lightheaded.. and have a really dry mouth. I never really drank before turning 18, so i've managed to stave off hangovers really well, despite drinking far too much! :biggrin:
Reply 16
Really dry mouth, need to pee constantly and a general nausea in my stomach. If food smells too much I'll throw up...
Reply 17
When I go to bed after I've been drinking a lot, I sleep like a baby for about 3 or 4 hours, wake up, and then can't get back to sleep no matter what. I sometimes feel a bit sick and tired but nothing major.
Reply 18
Usually I wake up really early the next day, still drunk and in a pretty good mood. Then I slowly start to feel down, lonely, and have no appetite.
I rarely get headaches (probably because I'm always sure to drink like a litre of water before bed), however I do always have an unsettled stomach with a kind of burning sensation, and sometimes nausea with dry heaves :frown: think I'd rather the headache to be honest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending