Sociology: C

Family: A
Crime + Methods : C

Physics: E

G491: E
G492: E
Coursework: B

Maths : U

My problem is that I want to do a Business Management course, but with my current grades its almost impossible to get into a good uni, most ask for a minimum of ABB, and i definitely do not want to resit the year. I'm confident that I can make Business and Sociology into an A, but my physics isn't going to get any higher than a C. My sister suggested dropping Physics altogether and picking up an extra A level during my AS Level, for example English Lit. is this a good idea, and/or is there any other options for me, i would love to hear your suggestion (please dont say resit).

p.s sorry if this post is in the wrong place
I'm afraid you might have to consider the reality that you're not going to get an offer from the sort of university you've got your heart set on. I mean, it's certainly not impossible, and you could get lucky, but it seems as though you're going to have to work very hard to go back over those AS grades to get them up to As, while at the same time trying to get As and good Bs in much more advanced A2 material.

Coupling that with another A Level from scratch is what makes it seem particularly unlikely that you're going to walk away with AAB or any better. That said, Physics clearly isn't your strong point and you do need a third - it may be preferable to just pick something else. What about something like Economics? You obviously have a slight mathematical bent, else you'd not have chosen Maths and Physics - maybe you just need a subject, such as Economics, that puts a business-related spin on it.

Another difficulty, however, will be getting offers in the first place. Might make more sense not to apply just yet, but to wait until next year. Either that, or you could wait and see how you do in your January exams and then perhaps submit a late application/use Extra/Clearing in this cycle.

In any case, good luck!
Original post by MyMistake
At A Level i got the following:

Business Overall : B

Unit 1: C
Unit 2: B

Sociology: C

Family: A
Crime + Methods : C

Physics: E

G491: E
G492: E
Coursework: B

Maths : U

My problem is that I want to do a Business Management course, but with my current grades its almost impossible to get into a good uni, most ask for a minimum of ABB, and i definitely do not want to resit the year. I'm confident that I can make Business and Sociology into an A, but my physics isn't going to get any higher than a C. My sister suggested dropping Physics altogether and picking up an extra A level during my AS Level, for example English Lit. is this a good idea, and/or is there any other options for me, i would love to hear your suggestion (please dont say resit).

p.s sorry if this post is in the wrong place

I'm going to be doing business management at uni in September, my university asked for 240 (to 280) ucas points, I got in with just an offer of 3 Cs (although I did get overall ACC in my A levels eventually). So you see there are universities that ask for lower grades than what you are thinking- I don't know where you have been looking but when I searched for BM on ucas nearly all the entry requirements were 3 Cs.

As a result of you getting two good A Levels is good especially in Business Studies is good because it means you're half way to getting on the course. All you need to do is take another subject you could get C or above in and you will meet the requirements for most universities. I know everyone says that General Studies is basically worth nothing and no universities accept it, but I would suggest maybe looking into doing this subject if you can't find another one to do simply because it's such an easy subject usually to get a C in.

Most universities I looked at for BS actually accepted General Studies as an A-level. I managed to get an unconditional offer from my uni after submitting my A levels at A in Business, C in ICT and C in General Studies. As long as you have 3 A-Levels at C or above (including business studies) you should be given a good offer from a university. I'm proud of the fact that I managed to achieve this for myself because I spent 3 years at college, in the first 2 years I managed to rack up Us, Es & Ds in different subjects and to come out the other side with pass and above (Cs and above) in my third year I am very happy about! :biggrin:

So good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending