The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Resit Results, Help?

Hey Guys, Just wondering if somebody can help me out and put my mind at rest a little.

I've just done my first year on my Criminology course and failed my first year by one module. Understanding society was the module and i ended up with 27% overall. I have just done my resit and the only thing i could of done better was print it on gold paper. seriously. I spent ages on the thing and now im waiting for my results and i am really nervous.

Just wondering if anyone in the uni has any options for me just incase i fail? Not getting back in to Uni would destroy me :/

Cheers
Reply 1
Hi
At my uni you have to pass all the modules, so as long as you pass your module you will go on to next yr.
If you do not pass then you could re take the module next year and start your second yr a year later.
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
If your re sit mark is over 30% then you will be fine providing your others are all ok. If it was a core module then you may need over 40%. I can't remember the exact requirements but you need them all over 30% and 8 over 40% to get to your second year I think. It's something like that anyway. Even if you don't improve on your mark you may still get in to your second year but it's all decided on an individual basis and your department will have a meeting to discuss each case as I imagine your not the only one.
If they say you can't carry on to your second year you can re take your failed module this year. This does however mean you will start your second year 1 year later but it's better than dropping out. One module this year isn't a lot though, so you may choose to re take a few modules to increase your grade and to make better use of your time. You will be classed as a part time student this year but if you take 3/4 modules then you will have a reasonable timetable, and will be in most days.
Reply 3
I'm pretty sure all resits are capped at 40%, essentially you either pass or you fail.
If you fail the resit you will either be offered to resit the entire year again or be allowed to resit the module as an external/part-time student.
Thats what they did to me at least

Quick Reply

Latest