The Student Room Group

St Andrews Medicine Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Username - Fluffytutu
UKCAT - 602.5 (av)
Course - Access course (plus HND Biomedical Science)
Reply 101
Original post by FluffyTutu
Username - Fluffytutu
UKCAT - 602.5 (av)
Course - Access course (plus HND Biomedical Science)

Good to see you applying Fluffy :biggrin:
Original post by Zedd
Good to see you applying Fluffy :biggrin:

Thanks Zedd! How are you getting on? I've just heard that I possibly have an unconditional from Glasgow for Microbiology, hoping for that to come through as a back up.
Reply 103
Original post by FluffyTutu
Thanks Zedd! How are you getting on? I've just heard that I possibly have an unconditional from Glasgow for Microbiology, hoping for that to come through as a back up.

I'm sure you will :smile: I'm just dodling along with my dissertation and things like that really! But I think my personal statement et cetera were as good as could be considering my lack of volunteering et cetera. It looks like Dundee might not be such a safe option for me after all as well as they've changed the weighting of the UKCAT... but all in all I'm doing well.

How is the access course going? :smile:
Access course is... uhm... I am doing well and for the sake of politeness, I will leave it at that.

Best of luck Zedd, I hope to see you somewhere next year :wink:
Hi Guys!
Not entirely sure what to say here, but I am another St Andrews medical applicant for 2013!
:biggrin:
Anyone got any acknowledgments yet? :smile:
Reply 107
Got an email from them on the 12th, first one I received. :smile:
Original post by Swist
Got an email from them on the 12th, first one I received. :smile:

Oh awesome! I want one too :frown:((

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 109
It'll come; try not to worry about it!

Reply 110
Original post by b4nanapancakes
Anyone got any acknowledgments yet? :smile:

If by acknowledgements you mean an acknowledgement of my application, I got mine on the 5th of October (I applied quite early).
Reply 111
Typically there will be a few interview dates before Christmas. Good luck to all applicants!!

Reply 112
Has anyone ever heard of anyone getting an interview/offer with an average UKCAT? I applied to St. Andrew's as I have loved it for years but I only have a UKCAT of 2480 (average 620) which is just above average. I do however have an excellent academic background and non-academic background. I think my personal statement is good.
It seems like such a nice university (the blue and gold prospectus had me taken :P).
Reply 113
Original post by lu1219
Has anyone ever heard of anyone getting an interview/offer with an average UKCAT? I applied to St. Andrew's as I have loved it for years but I only have a UKCAT of 2480 (average 620) which is just above average. I do however have an excellent academic background and non-academic background. I think my personal statement is good.
It seems like such a nice university (the blue and gold prospectus had me taken :P).

Last year 10 out of 239 offers made to applicants had less than UKCAT 2480.
Reply 114
Original post by itsaboy
Last year 10 out of 239 offers made to applicants had less than UKCAT 2480.

Where did you get this information from? I'm not questioning it just curious to know how many offers were made to applicants with my UKCAT or less
Reply 115
Original post by OpenArms
Where did you get this information from? I'm not questioning it just curious to know how many offers were made to applicants with my UKCAT or less

some person did freedom of information request on St A. whatdotheyknow.com
Reply 116
Original post by itsaboy
some person did freedom of information request on St A. whatdotheyknow.com

I did a search for it but couldn't find it, any chance you can provide me with a link?

EDIT: Eventually found this link http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a100_medicine_admission_statisti_20#incoming-322812
but it has not been responded to yet. Do you have another link?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 117
Original post by OpenArms
I did a search for it but couldn't find it, any chance you can provide me with a link?

EDIT: Eventually found this link http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a100_medicine_admission_statisti_20#incoming-322812
but it has not been responded to yet. Do you have another link?

Try this one its the latest next one is due soon (20 days from date of request) http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/medicine_a100_admissions_statist_3
Reply 118
Any idea of when exactly would St Andrews start giving out interview invitations?
Original post by azyx1324
Any idea of when exactly would St Andrews start giving out interview invitations?

I don't know when they'll be giving them out this year but last year I got my invite on the 24th Oct :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending