The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society

Scroll to see replies

Good luck everyone :smile:

Well, I majorly cocked my exam up... I was really ill this morning... I managed to do the listening paper and when the second paper was handed out I felt really dizzy and I started to hyperventilate... I left the exam room and returned 10 minutes later... I managed to answer some more questions before I had to leave again... needless to say I didn't answer all of the questions and I am gutted... Well, gutted is an understatement as I've worked so hard for it...
Reply 101
guitargirl03

Well, I majorly cocked my exam up... I was really ill this morning... I managed to do the listening paper and when the second paper was handed out I felt really dizzy and I started to hyperventilate... I left the exam room and returned 10 minutes later... I managed to answer some more questions before I had to leave again... needless to say I didn't answer all of the questions and I am gutted... Well, gutted is an understatement as I've worked so hard for it...
Aww, poor dear :hugs:
Hope you still did enough to get a decent grade, though I know all too well how much you can screw up if you're not in the 'ideal' frame of mind - I was expected to get AAABB for my highers a few years ago, but got CCCC and a fail (which was given as an A at intermediate 2, the level below higher). That same year I had a friend who got so anxious about her exams that she was physically sick and wasn't able to sit her exams...real shame, because she was really clever, too.
Although I don't know how things worked out for her, I only just managed to pull things together the following year, JUST getting the grades I needed to get into my first choice of university (though my second choice had a much easier target).

Sorry, I've just re-read that and it sounds really bad. I'm a pessimist at heart :redface:...but I do wish you well :hugs:
Oh darling. Well you can retake, at least, can you not? And you tried - you tried so hard. So its not like you're letting anyone down - you did the best you could've.

Take care. x x
Reply 103
guitargirl03

Awww hun, i'm really sorry that it didn't go well.
You can always retake can't you? Although from experience i know that that isn't the ideal thing to do to say the least.

I kind of know how you feel. I have struggled all year trying to do biology AS, and the only reason i havent dropped it is because i need it for uni. And this past week, i didn't go out of the house, i stayed in every single day and revised for hours and hours. And on the last day i had a complete panic attack because i couldn't take any more in yet i hadn't even got into my head half of what i needed to know.
I was pacing round my room and randomly bursting into tears and collapsing on the floor for about an hour, before my boyfriend came in and sported me out.
But i really did try so, so hard, and yet i still wasn't ready for the paper. I didn't know a lot of the answers and some was pure guess work, yet i think i have done enough to pass, and that's all that matters. I did feel a little deflated after the exam was over. Yet after a few days i am feeling better, and have the whole summer ahead to enjoy and so i am not going to worry too much.

i hope you do okay though in the end hun :hugs:
how can everything change so quickly? :|
i had to have a blood test, after i lost loads of blood today :|
n they tell me i need to see a psychiatrist but theyd single me out n say im mad
Reply 105
Simulatio
Oh darling. Well you can retake, at least, can you not? And you tried - you tried so hard. So its not like you're letting anyone down - you did the best you could've.

Take care. x x
You sound like Anna Raeburn, LBC 97.3 presenter.
Reply 106
Phoenix CG
how can everything change so quickly? :|
i had to have a blood test, after i lost loads of blood today :|
n they tell me i need to see a psychiatrist but theyd single me out n say im mad

You're right. Everything changes quickly. Sometimes its difficult for us to keep up with certain things.

Yikes. :eek: Blood test? :puke: @ blood. I've had a blood test too when I fainted once and the doctor took about 2 small sample bottles of my blood. Eik. I couldn't even look at the needle and my blood. :s The injection bloody hurt!

Awww I'm sure you're not mad. It's actually the psychiatrist that are mad. :p: I think they're the ones that need a check-up instead of us. Life ain't prefect lol.
Reply 107
okay lets move the topic from this. i have a massive phobia about blood tsts, and am going to have to have one before i start uni this september and i am so scared.

Although i am looking forward to giving other people blood tests!
Reply 108
joeybee
okay lets move the topic from this. i have a massive phobia about blood tsts, and am going to have to have one before i start uni this september and i am so scared.

Although i am looking forward to giving other people blood tests!

Awww you'll be fine with the blood test. :hugs:

Mwahahaha...how evillish of you. :evil:
layla*
You're right. Everything changes quickly. Sometimes its difficult for us to keep up with certain things.

Yikes. :eek: Blood test? :puke: @ blood. I've had a blood test too when I fainted once and the doctor took about 2 small sample bottles of my blood. Eik. I couldn't even look at the needle and my blood. :s The injection bloody hurt!

Awww I'm sure you're not mad. It's actually the psychiatrist that are mad. :p: I think they're the ones that need a check-up instead of us. Life ain't prefect lol.

:frown: i need to see one, im going to go doctors, i cant find the answers maybe they will help me see clearer, so many why's :frown:
Reply 110
Phoenix CG
:frown: i need to see one, im going to go doctors, i cant find the answers maybe they will help me see clearer, so many why's :frown:

awwww what's wrong? :hugs: cheer up ok. Ask those doctors many questions so you'll blow their minds up. :p: It'll show them how messed up our lives are.
:bawling:
Reply 112
Neo~
:bawling:

:eek: Neo?! What's wrong? Do you need a hug too? Awww :hugs: Don't be sad otherwise I'd be unhappy too.

This soc needs some liven up to do. Cheers, cheers to all! :cheers: May all your sadness fade away.
layla*
:eek: Neo?! What's wrong? Do you need a hug too? Awww :hugs: Don't be sad otherwise I'd be unhappy too.

This soc needs some liven up to do. Cheers, cheers to all! :cheers: May all your sadness fade away.

Hehe thanks Layla :hugs:

It's just that I'm really worried about my results; I knwo it's quite early but I did really bad in my exams :bawling: I know I can alwasy resit but still...
Reply 114
Neo~
Hehe thanks Layla :hugs:

It's just that I'm really worried about my results; I knwo it's quite early but I did really bad in my exams :bawling: I know I can alwasy resit but still...

No problem about that hug. You needed it. :smile:

Your telling me. I'm worried about my results too so you ain't alone there. I also think I did bad on mine. Ahhhh I just don't want to think about it right now. It's coming out pretty soon and I'm not prepared for them. :s: And yeah, who likes resitting their exams? It's just a pain and hurtful as well. :frown:
layla*
No problem about that hug. You needed it. :smile:

Your telling me. I'm worried about my results too so you ain't alone there. I also think I did bad on mine. Ahhhh I just don't want to think about it right now. It's coming out pretty soon and I'm not prepared for them. :s: And yeah, who likes resitting their exams? It's just a pain and hurtful as well. :frown:

True true. I mean I'll be busy with my A2's...I don't think I'd like resitting :frown:

I guess all we can do is hope for good results...:smile::hugs:
Reply 116
Neo~
True true. I mean I'll be busy with my A2's...I don't think I'd like resitting :frown:

I guess all we can do is hope for good results...:smile::hugs:

Awww thanks. Yeah, you're right. Let's just hope we did well on it. If not, at least a pass would be ok.
layla*
Awww thanks. Yeah, you're right. Let's just hope we did well on it. If not, at least a pass would be ok.

Hopefully :smile:
Good luck! :hgs:

I think I'll go to bed now. Goodnight and thanks for the support :smile:
Reply 118
Neo~
Hopefully :smile:
Good luck! :hgs:

I think I'll go to bed now. Goodnight and thanks for the support :smile:

Good luck for your results too! :smile:

No, it's quite alright. You comforted me in a way too. :hugs: So thanks. Night, night Neo. Hope everything will go fine with you. :wavey:
"you could never be depressed, you're always so happy" < three years ago, and in three weeks, all hell breaks loose in me.

Latest