The Student Room Group

Tuition Loan = 0 ??? HELP :(

Hello,

Bit of background :

in 2009/2010, I did a self-funded foundation course for international students at a private college.
in 2010/2011 I did a self-funded first year undergraduate part-time course at a regular university.

I decided to change both course and university, and enrolled in a new one for 2011/2012. This time I took out a tuition loan.

My grandmother fell very ill, so I went back to my home country (i live in Europe) halfway through the year.

I decided a few months back to go to a private university and follow a similar type of course.
I thought I would be entitled to a loan of GBP 6000, however yesterday I received a financial notification letting me know that I was entitled to 'GBP 0'. NOTHING? :frown:
They also stated on the letter that the amount I had put down for my full tuition fee on the application (GBP 14 580) exceeded the maximum amount for my course stated by my university. I am sure I got the number right, I have rechecked it.
However, they put corrected the amount to GBP 6000 on the letter, and when I checked online they had corrected it to GBP 9000.
My entitlement to ZERO help with tuition is the same online though.

I have to call them Monday, but it is so stressful to wait until then to wait if I even can go to university! Classes are starting in just a little over two weeks and I am completely freaking out.

Does anyone know if it is a mistake on their behalf or I really will actually not receive any help from to pay?

Please don't answer just by telling me that if you were me you would ring them up, i know that, just if anyone has a bit of insight I would appreciate hearing it now.

Thank you if you can help me out!
Reply 1
by the way, my grandmother did not only just fall ill, she died a few months later so i basically took care of her in her dying days. absolutely hate thinking of using her death as an excuse, but would this be sufficient reason for the 'personal compelling reasons' of an appeal?
Reply 2
I can't answer your second post; but it doesn't matter whether you applied for a loan or not - the year is still counted.
Reply 3
but even if the foundation year was an A Level equivalent, it counts? :/
Reply 4
Original post by OU Student
I can't answer your second post; but it doesn't matter whether you applied for a loan or not - the year is still counted.

do you know if a foundation course for international student which is A Level equivalent is counted in the length of course+1- years studied?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending