The Student Room Group

Why did he ask for my fb instead of my number?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophisticated
Surely you know his name OP? Why not just add him on Facebook? You've already put your feelings out there, might as well try and follow through.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad Ap

I really like the quote in your sig! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
He wanted to find out if you was a shlag first. Promising, giving him your number instead of your FB. Seems he was right and decided not to text you. Good on him.

LOL! This has actually made my day! However, this is so far from the truth!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
He didn't ask for your number and he has not sent a text

He is nit interested in dating you
Original post by sophisticated
Really? When 99% of people have phone contracts with unlimited texts these days?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad Ap

I'm the 1%. (Only recently but till).

Basing a potential romance off of something as silly as whether he asked for a phone number or not.

You ladies know you're quite neurotic right?

Also I agree with the above, he could have been scoping you out, and either way the fact he hasn't got in contact probably indicates he just wasn't that into you.
(edited 11 years ago)
I met a guy when walking home from a night out and when we parted, he asked for my facebook instead of my number.

He has now been my boyfriend for 6 months, and he asked for my phone number through fb in his own time. He had fancied me for ages and I didn't know, so we were friends for a while at first. This method he used was down to him wanting to make his move slowly and eventually he got there (fortunately aswell as there were other guys in and out of my life at the time).
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by superduper9
Maybe so but as OP has shown, when a guy does that, the girl does not think "great he's interested in me." In fact, quite the opposite, she will begin to think "oh he's not interested in me."

Cowardly option of asking for fb - not the impressive way.
Man up and ask for her number - the way to go.

maybe so but if you're on the shyer side of things its the best way to talk to someone and get to know them to see if theres any hope of things progressing.

my phone number only goes to friends. facebook is for acquaintances.
Reply 26
It's less direct than asking your number, so I think it means he's interested but too shy to be forward.
Original post by Sparklyblue171
I met a guy when walking home from a night out and when we parted, he asked for my facebook instead of my number.

He has now been my boyfriend for 6 months, and he asked for my phone number through fb in his own time. He had fancied me for ages and I didn't know, so we were friends for a while at first. This method he used was down to him wanting to make his move slowly and eventually he got there (fortunately aswell as there were other guys in and out of my life at the time).

Original post by sr90
maybe so but if you're on the shyer side of things its the best way to talk to someone and get to know them to see if theres any hope of things progressing.

my phone number only goes to friends. facebook is for acquaintances.

Original post by misst911
It's less direct than asking your number, so I think it means he's interested but too shy to be forward.

LOL! Guess what? He still hasn't text me :frown: So I am going to let this one go...
Reply 28
Original post by iamsuperwoman
LOL! Guess what? He still hasn't text me :frown: So I am going to let this one go...

How long has it been?
Original post by TenOfThem
He didn't ask for your number and he has not sent a text

He is nit interested in dating you

What if he asks for your number but then ignores your texts though?
Reply 30
He didn't ask for your number because

1. He felt he didn't know you well enough

2. He would get FAR more information about you on facebook, and find out if he's a compatible match, as well as get the opportunity to have a real time conversation if you're on messenger.
Maybe seeing your pictures would make him feel like you're next to him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending