The Student Room Group

I hate X Factor

Scroll to see replies

I hate the X factor as well! :yep:
I think it's just way over-hyped and just annoying...
Reply 61
The fake romances some of the contestants are forced to do in order to stay on at boot camp.
I don't hate it or love it. I just don't care about it. You should too.
Reply 63
The big things why I hate it...

1. The sob stories. Yeah, they might work on some impressionable emotional housewife watching the show, but in the music industry you can't use a sob story to get your way to the top. John Lennon was seperated from his father from a young age but before every Beatles concert he didn't cry and tell everyone in the audience that. Contestants: I'm sure your dead wife would be proud of you singing and doing what you love but I doubt she'd be happy you glorifying her death to make up for your lack of talent.

2. The "rockstar" contestants - have a dirty attitude, will cause trouble, can't sing and has scruffy hair. Yes, many rockstars do have those things but because they're also extremely talented, it's fine. When all you have is hairspray and a bad attitude, this doesn't make you a rockstar. Having said that, if any of you remember Rhydian, he later said after that series was over in an interview that he was threatened to be kicked out if he didn't go along with the weird thing he had going on. So the 'rockstar from topman' is likely to be scripted.

3. The contestant transformation of (I find this bit hilarious how out of touch x factor bosses must be) contestants by the show - normal guy walks in, sings well, looks normal - TURNS UP IN THE FINALS WITH A PINK MOHAWK, SKINNY JEANS WITH DIAMONDS OVER THEM AND A FUR COAT. It's basically saying to viewers that an artists look is more important than their music - and clearly it's worked or else why would One Dimension have got so far.

4. Tulisa. You know a show is a bit strange when you have Tulisa from N-Dubz telling people if they are talented or not.

5. The judges have been making the same cliche comments in series one that they are now. There have been the same cliche "i put my heart and soul into it" from the contestants from series one. How can people not see it's scripted.

6. The 'annoying, hateable one with no talent and an awful personality" will be kept in for as long as possible to get more views. I haven't watched this series yet I know all over facebook and the media that there's someone called Rylan Clark who's that person this year - yeah, he'll be kept in for as long as possible.

7. Louis 'you remind me of a young boys to men' Walsh. Founded Westlife and Boyzone (criminal enough in itself), done nothing in the music industry since and is out of touch with the music industry of 2012. Thinks the world needs another Westlife. Is wrong.

8. Gary Barlow. The show would only be half an hour long if he didn't speak so slowly.

9. Of course, my favourite point - how no-one there actually gives a damn about music. BUT THEY PUT THEIR HEART AND SOUL INTO IT, you cry! No, if they had a genuine love for music they would do things the hard way - gig relentlessly even for a small pittance until you receive the smallest recognition for your work and work hard for your love of music. On X factor, a recording contract is literally handed to you on a plate - they care to be famous and to be a "famous singer" - they have no love for the music. Thankfully there are ways around this, e.g. Jake Bugg was told by his friends to go on X factor, he refused because it is so manufactured and is looking likely to get a Number One album this weekend. :smile:
[video="youtube;KZazEM8cgt0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZazEM8cgt0[/video]

This video explains what the X Factor has done and worse. Goodness knows why it's still popular.
Reply 65
Original post by Fool In The Rain
[video="youtube;KZazEM8cgt0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZazEM8cgt0[/video]

This video explains what the X Factor has done and worse. Goodness knows why it's still popular.

Thankyou for posting that video. Frank Zappa was incredibly intelligent and that video just confirms it, such a hero.
Reply 66
I watched X-Factor for a while.

But then I turned 10.........
If you hate X-Factor, you'll love this.... :wink:

http://youtu.be/W_BBZ-Jw_G0
Reply 68
My mum's just started watching it again. It's boring into my skull.

Quick Reply

Latest