The Student Room Group

Repeating second year w/o attendance but signed for a house!

Hey guys, i was hoping someone could help me with a small problem i have ran in to with having to repeat a year at uni.

I recently found out that i will be re-sitting second year as i failed a module re-sit that i had to do a few weeks ago.

Now i know the university either allow you to re-sit the year either with or without attendance, but with it only being 1 module i have to re-sit the chances of it being w/o attendance are becoming increasingly more likely and this is where i am running into a problem.

Me and 3 other friends have got ourselves a house to live in and we have already payed the deposit and signed the contracts, the problem i am facing is that if i have to re-sit the year w/o attendance i am not sure what financial support student finance will be willing to give me for a year w/o attendance so i an concerned whether i will be able to afford rent and live in the house.

Does anyone know if i will be eligible for any type of student loan that will allow me to pay my rent? I have a part time job at the moment but even if i work extra hours i will not be able to afford my rent for the year. I am becoming increasingly stressed and the last thing i want to do is put my parents through any more financial stress, so if there is any information that could help me with my problem i would be extremely grateful.

Thanks guys.
Reply 1
Does anyone really have no information that could help me? Really would appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending