The Student Room Group

Which uni is most reputable?? - coming from Australia

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It really depends on what you prefer. Obviously Lancaster is smaller there are less clubs and it feels more laid-back. Which is why I chose Lancaster as I like small cities where you can get to everywhere on foot in the city centre (campus is 10 minute bus ride away). Liverpool is for people who prefer bigger cities more shops, more nightlife but it's all down to personal preference.
Reply 21
Those are all pretty strong Universities. It depends on what type of atmosphere you want to be studying in? A City or a campus University?

If I had to choose one it would be Lancaster, but again, it depends pretty highly personal preference. I would be happy with a degree from any of these Universities.
Reply 22
Original post by IcedTea&PotNoodle
So what you're saying is that Robert Gordon is better than Oxford because its graduate prospects are 75% compared to Oxfords 73%. So according to you're ridiculous logic the order of universities should be:

1)Imperial College
2) LSE
3) Cambridge
4) UCL
5) Bath
6) KCL
7) Robert Gordon
8) Bristol
9) Cardiff
10) Durham
11) Glasgow
12) Buckingham
13) Aston
14) Oxford

well what the professional league table compilers do is start out with a bunch of statistics and then play with the fiddle factors... Um weightings... til it looks right, which is to say Has oxford and cambridge at the top even if it means having unis like exeter and lancaster jumping around like march hares from year to year.
Then tsr starts slavering over them like moses had fetched them from god on stone tablets and declaring liverpool and manchester are crap.
Reply 23
Anyway, aussies are relaxed outgoing people in the main. You'd enjoy being in liverpool most imo.
So what you're saying is that Robert Gordon is better than Oxford because its graduate prospects are 75% compared to Oxfords 73%. So according to you're ridiculous logic the order of universities should be:

1)Imperial College
2) LSE
3) Cambridge
4) UCL
5) Bath
6) KCL
7) Robert Gordon
8) Bristol
9) Cardiff
10) Durham
11) Glasgow
12) Buckingham
13) Aston
14) Oxford

Apart from a few anomalies I would honestly say that seems about right!
Reply 25
Original post by Chapeau Rouge

Yh, the statistics are right, but the thing is what conclusion do you draw with these stats..:rolleyes:
Original post by Chapeau Rouge

Original post by alexkol
Yh, the statistics are right, but the thing is what conclusion do you draw with these stats..:rolleyes:

The point I was trying to make is that I personally think that Exeter deserves its place in the top 15. You can't just base it on graduate prospects.
Reply 27
The point I was trying to make is that I personally think that Exeter deserves its place in the top 15. You can't just base it on graduate prospects.

Fair enough, but you also showed some other anomalies of the league tables :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending