The Student Room Group

Apply for student finance or not?

I am trying to finish my UCAS application for 2013 because my school has a deadline of September 24th (for October 15th deadline courses). My parents have planned for them to pay my tuition fees (they agreed to do this for me and my brother, not realising they would be paying £9000 a year now, but they can afford it) and my living costs will be paid for by my savings.

If this is the plan, should I put that I don't want to apply for student finance on the application?

I don't want to know about whether it would be cheaper to take the loans because I won't repay them all (I can do the Maths, and will discuss this with my parents). I only want to know whether I apply if I am sure my parents are going to pay the fees.
Reply 1
If you're absolutely certain that you won't have to, then I don't see why you wouldn't put that you don't want to.
Reply 2
You may be certain now that you don't want student finance but it is a year till you start uni and a year is a long time. Things can change unexpectedly - redundancy, illness of parent etc - so I would not assume now that you won't need finance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending