The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Picking course units?

nvm repeat
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Do I have to pick my units for my course now, online somehow? Should I have already done it? Or do I do it in freshers week?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by yrvine
Or do I do it in freshers week?

I hope that this is the case.

I searched for units for maths and the list was huge, I'm guessing some of them will be compulsory and others optional (but it doesn't say next to them). It's very confusing and I think I'm going to wait until I get my welcome pack and if that doesn't help then ask some staff when I go to get my ID card.
Reply 3
Wait until you get there, I know on my course we were enrolled automatically onto some of our compulsory units and there will be people all over campus available to help you set them up. In your school welcome pack you'll also get a set of instructions on how to do it, we did anyway.
Yeah don't try and do it now, there are all sorts of rules in place that you just won't know about inc. that you have to take 120 credits a year, at least 50 and no more than 70 per semester. Some modules will be compulsory. Others will be necessary if you want to take particular modules in second / third year. And then there's the strange little course-specific requirements e.g. I'm not allowed to do more than 80 credits per year of politics.

There will be talks on which modules are available to you and which you must take during freshers week, along with plenty of help on navigating the horrible, horrible intranet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending