The Student Room Group

Feeling left out- all my friends are going to univerisity/college?

So obviously, college's and some universities are starting up now and it's all i'm hearing about, and i'm feeling left out. I applied to a uni but missed my conditional offer, didn't get in and there were no similar or courses i wanted to do that were available through clearing. After a few weeks and realistically thinking about what i originally wanted to do and coming to the conclusion that there would be very little work at the end of the 3/4 years of studying, i decided against reapplying next year- even though i applied to resit the subjects i missed for the course the college never got back to me. So i'm currently trying to get a job- any type of job just to get me some money for the next year so i can think properly about a career and a path that is suitable for me. But for all i'm actually glad i didn't get into university as i feel i would have been rushed into a course i'd end up unsure about, it still doesn't stop me feeling slightly left out and lonely that all my friends and everyone else i know is going to University and, if not, they've started college. All i'm hearing about is freshers, and when they start and i'm obviously being supportive and asking questions, trying to join in the conversations and overall be happy for them but i can't help but feel like i'm stuck in a rut.

Everyone's going off to uni/college, my boyfriend's started his apprenticeship and i'm still sitting in the house day-in-day-out looking for a job and trying to earn my keep while being unemployed. I feel like a failure and i've only just left school! I feel like i'm drifting from everyone already because they all have a plan and i don't. :frown:
Spend the rest of the summer trolling on TSR and see how it goes from there. Do you want some suggestions for forums which bite easy?
I know the feeling, the majority of my friends have just graduated and I'm just about to start.

I was lucky in that I made a lot of good friends through work and my college course; you'll be fine, just get out there and meet people. Best thing is you can always doss around at a friends who is at university and reap the benefits without the work :wink:
Reply 3
University is overrated.
Retake your A-levals as a collage or do a foundation course next year her are a few from my uni i had a mate that did this 4 years in uni Good times or do an HND then top up to a degree http://www.solent.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/foundation-year-options/foundation-options.aspx much love

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending