The Student Room Group

Creating a revision website - Advice requested

Hello, like the title said I'm creating a revision website where I'm going to store all of the revision materials I have made over the couse of my GCSEs and A Levels. It's obviously not going to be as big as some other revision websites, but I do want to try and help people.

My first question is, when would I be able to put my coursework up? I know you can't put it up straight away on the internet for other people to view as I could get done for copyright and get my grade taken away from me or something. Is it two years?

Secondly, can I confirm that in English GCSEs you still use the anthology? Also do you still sit an exam where you have to write to persude/advise and describe/the other one? (I can't quite remember what the options were :L)

Thanks for your advice in advance. :biggrin:
You don't need to create your own website, it will be quite expensive, getrevising.com fits your purpose quite well and is free :yep:
Reply 2
Original post by >Untitled<
You don't need to create your own website, it will be quite expensive, getrevising.com fits your purpose quite well and is free :yep:

Got free hosting, can code myself, only bought a domain for £5 for a year. :cool:
Original post by kanojyoxx
Got free hosting, can code myself, only bought a domain for £5 for a year. :cool:

You'll find you get more of an audience on the other website to be honest. How are you going you going to advertise it?
Reply 4
Original post by >Untitled<
You'll find you get more of an audience on the other website to be honest. How are you going you going to advertise it?

Just on my signature.

I'm not that interested in getting hits and all of that, I'd be happy enough knowing that someone who likes what I've said on here can check my signature and go on the website and learn something.

Plus I like the freedom of being able to code my own site, getrevising is quite restrictive.

Quick Reply

Latest