The Student Room Group

Looking into universities but all I love is sport

When looking into unis I don't really know what I'm doing. I tried looking at what I love and all I really care about is netball and music. I looked into teaching but to be honest I'd be rubbish at teaching and I don't think I'd be able to make it as a professional netballer.

I was just wondering if anyone was in a similar position and what they're doing or if just anyone has any advice. Please help I'm really stuck here!

Thanks

Shazza x
How about doing a music degree at a particularly sporty university? Loughborough and Bath are both known for being very good at extra-curricular sports.
Reply 2
These are the top netballl universities in the North: http://www.bucs.org.uk/BucsCore/League.aspx?id=912&sport=Netball

And the South: http://www.bucs.org.uk/BucsCore/League.aspx?id=913&sport=Netball

I'm sure some of them will offer music courses.
Reply 3
Original post by misybee
When looking into unis I don't really know what I'm doing. I tried looking at what I love and all I really care about is netball and music. I looked into teaching but to be honest I'd be rubbish at teaching and I don't think I'd be able to make it as a professional netballer.

I was just wondering if anyone was in a similar position and what they're doing or if just anyone has any advice. Please help I'm really stuck here!

Thanks

Shazza x

I'll let you into a secret. Most students don't 'love' their subject. A few do, although they may lose that love when they actually have to study it for three years, full-on. Some lucky people will maintain their love, and for some it will grow, but for most it isn't the case.

They want to go to university for the lifestyle, and the life opportunities. So they choose a course which seems reasonably interesting and has career opportunities (and which they think they can get on).

So maybe don't set the bar too high for yourself. Take the time to read through as many course profiles as you can, and do some reading.

Presumably your A Level choice will restrict you a bit, anyway?
Reply 4
Hi Shazza

British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) offers a competitive netball structure with 386 netball teams competing nationally this season.

Take a look at www.bucs.org.uk/netball for more information on netball at universities and colleges. The box in the bottom right hand corner of the page lists all the teams and what leagues they play in.

The best thing to do is work through this list and then go to their websites and work out if they offer music as a qualification

Good Luck
BUCS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending