The Student Room Group

Anybody else worried about your life after University?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I am so worried but hopefully the dots will connect in the future as Steve Jobs would say. I hate Apple but Jobs was awesome to an extent.
Reply 41
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
I'm worried that four years of pharmacy school will end up being useless because there are too many graduates for the number of jobs. I'm relying on New Zealand to need pharmacists so I can flee my homeland for a few years and live there. What a pity, I love New Zealand...:lol:

Same here! But not the New Zealand part... :wink:
Reply 42
Original post by Eldedu
If the economy rebounds and we see serious inflation my trust fund could lose some of it's value.

Other than that, global warming might make it less comfortable to play polo in the summer.

Ha ha; jolly good.
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
I'm worried that four years of pharmacy school will end up being useless because there are too many graduates for the number of jobs. I'm relying on New Zealand to need pharmacists so I can flee my homeland for a few years and live there. What a pity, I love New Zealand...:lol:

Lol same! Except replace NZ with USA and add a compulsory PhD to boot....waaah 7/8 years as a student D:
Reply 44
Original post by matthew769
Ok how about this.

I'm despairing that I won't find a job and won't be able to support a family or buy a house or go on holidays or feed myself. Please pos rep me to give me hope!!!!1!1!!one!1

Have a little optimism and don't doubt yourself so much. Attitude is a powerful thing.

Even what you just said isnt a little bit of optimism, you are a hypocrite -.- I do have an optimistic attitude, but relating back to what you originally said... that wasn't optimism, that was complete arrogance.
Original post by RastaMannn
Even what you just said isnt a little bit of optimism, you are a hypocrite -.- I do have an optimistic attitude, but relating back to what you originally said... that wasn't optimism, that was complete arrogance.

What makes me a hypocrite?
Reply 46
Original post by RastaMannn
I am really happy about going to University, but I have been thinking about life after it. It's all good going to a brilliant University, but is there anybody else who is worried about the debts and things like not getting a satisfying job. I have read a few other threads and even people from KCL get a graduate job in department stores, something that someone who didn't go to University can get. Is there anybody else who will feel disappointment, knowing that you went through University and jobs may be scarce?

I'm just learning to enjoy life as it is. Don't worry about the future. Obviously, do what you can to help your future self, but there's no point in dwelling on something that may happen to you in the future. You don't know what the future holds, and if you put the effort in, you may not be one of those people who doesn't get a job they want.
Most people end up with jobs they dislike, but they're just stepping stones to jobs that others will envy you for having. :smile:
Reply 47
I don't even know what I want to do with my degree so I am worried about taking the plunge into one career and hating it.
Reply 48
I am beyond worried!! What scared me more though, was my 13 year old sister asking me what job I would be doing after uni and I have no idea.

We spend so much time in our lives in education, that I think the idea of going out there and getting a full time job, in whatever, seems so strange. In all honesty I can't imagine being in a job full-time and having to handle every situation that comes up, simply because I have a degree and should know better lol.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending