The Student Room Group

Attracted to one of the owner's daughters at the local chinese restaur

Hi,Whenever we go out for dinner at the local Chinese restaurant, I am intrigued by one of the daughters working there. She's stunningly beautiful and I would love to get to know her.I live in a relatively small city, ca 30.000 citizens. I know lots of young people around here as there is practically only once decent pub here. It's the place where all young people hang out and I visit the place regularly.I've never ever seen this girl outside the restaurant. I recently walked across one of her elder sisters at grocery store, in all those years it was the first time I've ever seen one of their family outside the restaurant walls. I assume she doesn't go out because she's probably always helping at the restaurant.Most of the time she's behind the bar (where there are no seats, just drinks being made to hand to the waiters) so I can't sit at the bar. I'm just sitting at a table, being served by the other staff.As a customer, I deeply respect their business as they are always very polite, the food is excellent, ... but most of all, I respect their culture and beliefs. I would find it extremely inappropriate to just stand up from my table, walking up the bar and "hitting on her". I wouldn't even know what to say and I am more than certain it would be extremely strange to have a customer walking up to you, trying to start a convo about nonsense...I'd really love to get to know her, but I have absolutely no idea on how to approach this.. It feels like it's a nearly impossible cause.. Any tips?additional info: I'm 21
(edited 11 years ago)
Read title.

Wondered how a Chinese restuarant could have a daughter?
Reply 2
Original post by Hlcy
Hi,

Whenever we go out for dinner at the local Chinese restaurant, I am intrigued by one of the daughters working there. She's stunningly beautiful and I would love to get to know her.

I live in a relatively small city, ca 30.000 citizens. I know lots of young people around here as there is practically only once decent pub here. It's the place where all young people hang out and I visit the place regularly.

I've never ever seen this girl outside the restaurant. I recently walked across one of her elder sisters at grocery store, in all those years it was the first time I've ever seen one of their family outside the restaurant walls. I assume she doesn't go out because she's probably always helping at the restaurant.

Most of the time she's behind the bar (where there are no seats, just drinks being made to hand to the waiters) so I can't sit at the bar. I'm just sitting at a table, being served by the other staff.

As a customer, I deeply respect their business as they are always very polite, the food is excellent, ... but most of all, I respect their culture and beliefs. I would find it extremely inappropriate to just stand up from my table, walking up the bar and "hitting on her". I wouldn't even know what to say and I am more than certain it would be extremely strange to have a customer walking up to you, trying to start a convo about nonsense...

I'd really love to get to know her, but I have absolutely no idea on how to approach this.. It feels like it's a nearly impossible cause.. Any tips?

additional info: I'm 21

Does she ever wait on customers? If so, you could wait until she serves you once then strike up a conversation, although if you go in there with family etc. you may feel a tad awkward.

I'm not actually sure what to say OP, there is always the bold option of just asking her out, but that is very risky as you may come across as imposing. Again, sorry for not being much help.

I'm intrigued to know how this goes though...
Reply 3
I'm sorry but I'm not a native speaker. My English is mainly self-taught. In my mother tongue it's actually a proper sentence. I'll adjust it
Reply 4
Order a big meal to impress her, then when you're finished, slowly lick your fingers while deeply gazing into her eyes.
Reply 5
Original post by ekudamram
Does she ever wait on customers? If so, you could wait until she serves you once then strike up a conversation, although if you go in there with family etc. you may feel a tad awkward.

I'm not actually sure what to say OP, there is always the bold option of just asking her out, but that is very risky as you may come across as imposing. Again, sorry for not being much help.

I'm intrigued to know how this goes though...

Sadly no, she doesn't. She is always behind the bar while her mother and elder sisters do the rest. When we were about to leave she helped out clearing out table once, but that's about it..

I'm not really a fan of walking up to someone you don't know and boldly asking them out. Especially not at their own restaurant. I'd love to still be able to regularly go there :tongue:
I'm not the type of guy to act this way either. Firs of all I would be ashamed of myself as I find this rather rude, and I imagine it would be very strange in the eyes of the girl you just walk up to. Especially if they are raised to Asian standards. I wouldn't have the guts to do this either. Immediately asking someone out you don't even know is a no-go for me. I find it wrong on more than one level

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending