The Student Room Group

MA Politics/Comparative Politics/IR at top band unis

I'm currently a year away from recieving the equivalent of a BA in Political Science from St. Petersburg State University in Russia (it's a very long story...), and I'm actively looking at higher-band universities for potential MA programs to attend. My lineup so far consists of Nottingham (top choice, I love the place), LSE (second due to me being both lazy and a pessimist), St. Andrews (the recruiters fell in love with me and still e-mail me weekly to see whether I'm actually going to apply or not) and possibly Warwick and/or Durham.

I'm looking at a potential final overall GPA of around 3.9, with an 8.5 (out of 9) IELTS score - I grew up in the United States and consider English my first language, so that 7.0 in the Writing section got me depressed for weeks (hopefully, it won't be a problem for the uni). I've got 2 recommendations from two Deans and I'm told St. Pete State has "an excellent reputation" (although I beg to differ) abroad - would that be enough to recieve an unconditional offer?

Also, would I be able to apply to 2 or 3 different programs at the same university, or would I instead be offered a different course should my application be rejected by the program I'd pick in the end?

Thank you in advance for any and all information available, I'm already feeling the stress/anxiety/panic setting in...

Latest

Trending

Trending