The Student Room Group

Student finance stress!

So basically, I started filling out an application a while ago, and chose to have my parents' income considered, then realised it wouldn't make a difference so tried to go back, but couldn't. If I want to get the money I have to fill out the whole application which is very complicated, involving getting my parents to connect to application and fill out details, and it will take up a lot of time for nothing, and it's especially difficult for me as my dad is working abroad atm. So I called up student finance and they told me to write a letter; at the time I assumed they meant write a letter telling them of the situation so they could go onto my account and work out how much I'm entitled to, or do they mean give them a letter detailing the family income etc. so they can see how much I'm entitled to using that? I'm a bit confused. Someone please help! Also, when should I expect to receive the money? I've left it quite late so realise I may not get the money for quite a while x
Reply 1
Someone please help!!
Reply 2
Original post by s_100
So basically, I started filling out an application a while ago, and chose to have my parents' income considered, then realised it wouldn't make a difference so tried to go back, but couldn't. If I want to get the money I have to fill out the whole application which is very complicated, involving getting my parents to connect to application and fill out details, and it will take up a lot of time for nothing, and it's especially difficult for me as my dad is working abroad atm. So I called up student finance and they told me to write a letter; at the time I assumed they meant write a letter telling them of the situation so they could go onto my account and work out how much I'm entitled to, or do they mean give them a letter detailing the family income etc. so they can see how much I'm entitled to using that? I'm a bit confused. Someone please help! Also, when should I expect to receive the money? I've left it quite late so realise I may not get the money for quite a while x

they mean a letter saying you no longer want to be income assessed. if your parents earn less than £60k and you want the extra loan and or grant then you will need to fill in the full forms, there is no way around this.
Reply 3
Original post by jelly1000
they mean a letter saying you no longer want to be income assessed. if your parents earn less than £60k and you want the extra loan and or grant then you will need to fill in the full forms, there is no way around this.

Ok, thanks, so if I give them my customer reference number and email address will they be able to sort it out? No, they earn more, which is why I don't want to fill out the forms, cos I know I'll get nothing! x
Reply 4
Original post by s_100
Ok, thanks, so if I give them my customer reference number and email address will they be able to sort it out? No, they earn more, which is why I don't want to fill out the forms, cos I know I'll get nothing! x

they dont need your email address but your customer reference number should be on the letter you send them
Reply 5
Original post by jelly1000
they dont need your email address but your customer reference number should be on the letter you send them

Thank you! :smile: You've been so helpful, thanks :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending