The Student Room Group

Quick question

Hi, I've got a quick question.

It's likely I'll be predicted ABB, does that mean I can't apply/ I won't receive an offer from a university wanting AAB?

Thanks a lot.
Reply 1
I was predicted ABB, applied to AAB unis, got conditional offers from them all and got into my firm :smile: it's more about your personal statement for a lot of unis but don't get me wrong, I'm sure there will be unis that will reject you too.

Depends on the course demand I guess but definitely apply :smile: just make sure you have one or two back up choices.

EDIT: It wouldn't be a bad idea making a call to the unis of your choice to ask about the likelihood of getting an offer of AAB with lower predicted grades :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
It means that you're less likely to get an offer, but by no means does it mean you won't get an offer. Universities look at a lot f things, and if they think you're capable of getting AAB then they may very well give you an offer for that.
Reply 3
Thanks for the advice :smile:
Reply 4
You've got 5 choices so the reward far outweighs the risk! It would be better if the A was in the subject most related to your course but then there's so many other things to look at it doesn't matter too much. A fab PS will see you through to getting offers :smile:

I got ABBBB when I finished Year 12, I applied to Bath to do Maths (Only having B's in Maths and Further Maths) and I got an offer of A*AA with no STEP/AEA! Admittedly I didn't get in but it shows that grades aren't the be all and end all (But still damn important!)
Reply 5
Thanks again for the advice.
Reply 6
The entry requirements are just a guideline, if you are one grade under and they really like you because you have a great personal statement and reference, then they will more than likely make you an offer. Make sure your personal statement is as good as it can be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending