The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

University of Bristol Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

I'm applying for Classics. I really love Bristol as a place and the course looks great. :smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
I'm going to be applying for Spanish and Italian :smile:
I've already applied for Neuroscience at Bristol. I was all for trying my hardest to be accepted by Cambridge until I went to the open day yesterday. Bristol has won me over! I love it, definitely my favourite! :biggrin:
Applying for historyyyy. Want to get in so bad! Anyone else?
Reply 24
I think I'm going to apply for Engineering Design, looks like a really unique and interesting course. Going to apply for Mechanical Engineering just in case I don't get in to that too. Bristol's worth two slots on my UCAS form.
Reply 25
Had an offer for 2012 entry for Psychology but declined it on results day as I did better than expected. Re-applying to Bristol for 2013 entry and will probably be my 2nd choice ! Absolutely love Bristol - just hope they will have me back aha

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
:ninja: I don't belong in this thread, but I wanted to mention... if you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me (or ask on this thread if you're not bothered about privacy). I can't guarantee that I'll be helpful with subject-specific questions, though, unless you're applying for psychology or philosophy or both. :tongue:

*sneaks out*
Original post by Caitlin_dj
I couldn't find a proper one that wasn't about the open day so I thought I'd start one.

Never done this before, awkward small talk at the beginning...

Anyway I'm applying for Politics and International Relations.

I hope this doesn't get closed down :frown:

Hello again! I changed Exeter for Bristol, sent the application away today. How'd Debating Matters go?
Reply 28
LOL we didn't get through, I wasn't debating in the final it was Leo and my friend Abi. We only had one scored debate as the third team pulled out so it was a bit of a weird evening. Have to say I'm pretty relieved as Edinburgh would have been a massive distraction. Did you guys get through?
Reply 29
Original post by La_Mignonne
Hey Caitlin :wink: just casually joining in...

Applying for Law :smile:

Where else are you applying, just out of interest? :smile:
Hey guys. i was thinking about applying to Bristol next year for aerospace engineering and i just wanna ask how prestigious Bristol university is and the reputation both nationally and internationally.
Original post by Caitlin_dj
LOL we didn't get through, I wasn't debating in the final it was Leo and my friend Abi. We only had one scored debate as the third team pulled out so it was a bit of a weird evening. Have to say I'm pretty relieved as Edinburgh would have been a massive distraction. Did you guys get through?

Just back from school - we just about got through. Each school won one round, but the judges decided to give it to us overall. AGH, you're right. I never thought of it like that :L Damn debating matter's is going to screw up my A2s. Who was the school who got through?
Original post by gainsbourg
Where else are you applying, just out of interest? :smile:

Oxford, Durham, Warwick and Queens Belfast :smile: what about you?

Reply 33
Oxford, Durham, Warwick and Queens Belfast :smile: what about you?

Oxford, LSE, King's and one other :P

Which Oxford college?
Original post by gainsbourg
Oxford, LSE, King's and one other :P

Which Oxford college?

Corpus Christi! But to be honest any college in Oxford is definitely the dream haha. What about you?
Reply 35
Corpus Christi! But to be honest any college in Oxford is definitely the dream haha. What about you?

Mansfield <3 :P but yes, ANY!
Reply 36
Original post by Northern_Ireland
Just back from school - we just about got through. Each school won one round, but the judges decided to give it to us overall. AGH, you're right. I never thought of it like that :L Damn debating matter's is going to screw up my A2s. Who was the school who got through?

St Columb's in Derry although they weren't great I'd say you could beat them fairly easily :smile: UCAS away today... Here come the offers! (lol I hope)

Reply 37
Hi! I've applied for civil engineering :biggrin:
Original post by helen.r
Thinking about physics :smile: when's everyone planning on applying?

I'm applying for Physics, and it looks like Bristol is my favourite out of all my choices, too. :smile:

Also applying to Oxford (Jesus), Manchester, Nottingham and Edinburgh (I'm an international student, so London would be way too expensive for me).
is this the email for questions on economics admission tutor ? '[email protected]'
ive emailed that address 4 days ago with a query, yet theyve not replied

i need help regarding their statement:

"unlikely to make offers to applicants doing A-levels which are chosen ONLY from among Mathematics, Accounting, Chemistry, Further Mathematics, Physics and Statistics. Combinations of these subjects are fine provided there is also another subject offered at full A-level"

and unsure as if i fit into this category, seeing as i want to apply for bristol as my top choice
im doing maths, further maths , economics, chemistry at a2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending