The Student Room Group

BCDD AS Level

Hey guys,

So In my AS levels I got a BCDD in the following subjects, Maths bio chem and classical civ respectively. Am I missing out on something or do I feel like im the only that gets these kinds of grades. Any advice for the future? I would like to do a science based career but im not sure what kind of grades that requires. :3
Plenty of people get those sort of grades, it's just TSR that disproportionately has straight-A students.

If you're getting an average of C/D grades you should probably be thinking about universities that accept UCAS points rather than grades, and there are plenty of science courses that will accept you, just think realistically about what you can achieve.
Reply 2
Don't kid yourself, they are relatively poor results for Science applicants. Don't get me wrong either, I am sure plenty of mid-tear / lower down universities will accept those grades but forget anything within the Russell Group.

Bo'Diddley.
Reply 3
Well first and foremost, being in a russel group uni means **** all in the grand scheme of things, despite what TSR would have you believe.

Drop one of the Ds, retake a few modules and youll be good to go to get into a uni. Generally speaking, computer science tends to have lower entry requirements than other science based subjects. Could be something to look into.

If you want some inspiration, i personally know someone who managed to turn 3 Ds at AS into 3 As. Im not even making that up, he actually managed to do that. Wasnt easy though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending