The Student Room Group

Friendzoned fml

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Yasmin.H.
Lool thank you, this just really caught my eye though.
True say though, but I seriously applaud guys for having the courage to ask a girl out. That **** is NOT easy!
Haha I've been browsing these relationship forums for months and stuff still catches my eye, it's my guilty pleasure really. The "15 and virgin never kissed a girl" sorta threads get old fast though.

Yes, it's very difficult as everyone hates rejection. Best to test the water with some flirting first though and see how they react, I'm not a fan of the drunk kiss technique.

Do you think that it's ok for girl to ask a guy out instead of the guy making the effort and have you ever done so?
EDIT: seeing as you got friendzoned I guess you must have !
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
haha, don't worry, walk around like it wasn't that big of a deal, and obviously everyone's just gonna forget about it after a while. Is this the first time this happened to you? :smile:

Yes, and the first time I ever asked out a girl. I've had relationships before, the longest being 2 years, but in all my life I've waited for them to ask me out, something I'll stick to in the future now, haha
Reply 22
You're being really harsh on yourself. Just because she friend-zoned you, it doesn't mean she won't be your friend anymore. If she tells all her friends and laughs about it, then she's not worth your time anyway and you're lucky she said no!

Think of it this way - you won't have to spend your time in turmoil wondering whether she likes you and agonizing over how to ask her out, and whether she'll say yes. This way you can move on, and it took lots of guts to ask her out, so it's not all bad! :smile:

You say you're upset that the girl who used to love you doesn't/won't anymore, but why are you upset about this when you said you never took any interest in her? Do you now have feelings for her? If she had really strong feelings for you before then there's still a chance you could reconcile with her.

But seriously, I wouldn't get too hung up on this. You're only in 6th form so there's plenty of time to find a girlfriend - especially at university (if you go)!

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by foolscap
Haha I've been browsing these relationship forums for months and stuff still catches my eye, it's my guilty pleasure really. The "15 and virgin never kissed a girl" sorta threads get old fast though.

Yes, it's very difficult as everyone hates rejection. Best to test the water with some flirting first though and see how they react, I'm not a fan of the drunk kiss technique.

Do you think that it's ok for girl to ask a guy out instead of the guy making the effort and have you ever done so?
EDIT: seeing as you got friendzoned I guess you must have !

That technique of testing the water with flirting is like partially ineffective, reason being because a lot of girls just have flirty personalities so you really can't tell.
Personally, when it comes to girls asking guys out, that's not my approach. I go with the traditional way of guys taking the first time. Girls however should be receptive to all the 'signs' of a guy dropping hints and bla bla
Either way, it's all tricky business with a whole lot of guesswork :tongue:
Reply 24
The first step* I mean ooops!
That technique of testing the water with flirting is like partially ineffective, reason being because a lot of girls just have flirty personalities so you really can't tell.
Personally, when it comes to girls asking guys out, that's not my approach. I go with the traditional way of guys taking the first time. Girls however should be receptive to all the 'signs' of a guy dropping hints and bla bla

to reply to the first post you made as well as this one

yea you are less likely to see many girls being friend zoned due to the reason you just posted
most girls do tend to wait for the guy to make the first move

and yea your right i've met so many flirty girls and experience taught me it doesn't count for much especially if thats their nature

the friendzone thing is so tough but only one way to avoid it

be flirty with girls
show some signs of interest
and after a few weeks if things continue flirty (and some good ineundo's seem to serve as good enough) then ask out

but not the big friends for months before
i know some people are like thats the way to do it, but its also the best way to get yourself friendzoned especially when you act too friendly with girls aka giving them that good emotional connection so that they only see you as a friend and nothing more
Reply 26
That is a good point actually, girls can be flirty people, that's usually the problem on towie :biggrin:
Girls are meant to be the sensitive ones who notice the little things so that seems suitable, but yes inevitably someone has to take the plunge !
Reply 27
Original post by Neomaster121
to reply to the first post you made as well as this one

yea you are less likely to see many girls being friend zoned due to the reason you just posted
most girls do tend to wait for the guy to make the first move

and yea your right i've met so many flirty girls and experience taught me it doesn't count for much especially if thats their nature

the friendzone thing is so tough but only one way to avoid it

be flirty with girls
show some signs of interest
and after a few weeks if things continue flirty (and some good ineundo's seem to serve as good enough) then ask out

but not the big friends for months before
i know some people are like thats the way to do it, but its also the best way to get yourself friendzoned especially when you act too friendly with girls aka giving them that good emotional connection so that they only see you as a friend and nothing more

I dont think there's anything wrong with girls asking guys out, cause guys are usually straight forward, unless they're the skanky type who flirt with anything with a pair of boobs lool I'm just too scared to do it myself !

That seems like a good plan though :tongue:
Reply 28
That is a good point actually, girls can be flirty people, that's usually the problem on towie :biggrin:
Girls are meant to be the sensitive ones who notice the little things so that seems suitable, but yes inevitably someone has to take the plunge !

That's sooooo true! I actually notice though when a guy does like me, straight away. I won't string them along though, I'll let him know either 'Oh, i like you to, let's go out' or 'I'm sorry, I dont see you that way, so if it's okay with you, can we still be friends? :colondollar:'

And on that note, how okay is it to say that to a guy after you reject him? :/
Reply 29
That's sooooo true! I actually notice though when a guy does like me, straight away. I won't string them along though, I'll let him know either 'Oh, i like you to, let's go out' or 'I'm sorry, I dont see you that way, so if it's okay with you, can we still be friends? :colondollar:'

And on that note, how okay is it to say that to a guy after you reject him? :/
So mere minutes after meeting them you come straight out with it?
Seems efficient though. Well there's no real way to sugar coat it, if the guy is like absolutely crazy about you then saying let's be friends is just going to enrage him, and he's going to try again to get you in a relationship at a later date, if a guy is crazy about you and you ain't feeling it, then a little time apart or be a bit distant is the best option.
If they've just met you though and are trying it on, then being really upfront about it and taking control and saying no lets be friends, would be no harm at all.
:biggrin:
Reply 30
So mere minutes after meeting them you come straight out with it?
Seems efficient though. Well there's no real way to sugar coat it, if the guy is like absolutely crazy about you then saying let's be friends is just going to enrage him, and he's going to try again to get you in a relationship at a later date, if a guy is crazy about you and you ain't feeling it, then a little time apart or be a bit distant is the best option.
If they've just met you though and are trying it on, then being really upfront about it and taking control and saying no lets be friends, would be no harm at all.
:biggrin:

Not mere minutes obviously, cause more than half of them will come back for another chance, thinking you probably misjudged them, and I probably have, so like a week after meeting them. They start getting flirty and stuff, so I guess it'll be easier if I just let you know I'm not interested now than later. Although there's always the risk of coming across as a cocky prick too :/
I dont think there's anything wrong with girls asking guys out, cause guys are usually straight forward, unless they're the skanky type who flirt with anything with a pair of boobs lool I'm just too scared to do it myself !

That seems like a good plan though :tongue:

yea its a plan learnt after mistakes

not usually friendzoned myself but well aware of it and seen my friends get into it

and myself and fine with girls asking guys out

but in my opinion unless its a shy guy then girls usually should just leave the guy enough signs for him to then take initiative to ask the girl out

only because if the girl makes it too easy for the average guy it will only end badly
Plan for tomorrow - Play hard to get.
Reply 33
yea its a plan learnt after mistakes

not usually friendzoned myself but well aware of it and seen my friends get into it

and myself and fine with girls asking guys out

but in my opinion unless its a shy guy then girls usually should just leave the guy enough signs for him to then take initiative to ask the girl out

only because if the girl makes it too easy for the average guy it will only end badly

Agreeeed. being friendzoned sucks though, mine was easy, but for a lot of people out there, it's so much worse.
Shy guys are awesome, there's like a 99% chance he's a player, or he'll be the one to mess the relationship up by cheating or flirting with another girl ! But they're just not for me, I'm too loud and aggressive to be with a shy guy :colone:
Agreeeed. being friendzoned sucks though, mine was easy, but for a lot of people out there, it's so much worse.
Shy guys are awesome, there's like a 99% chance he's a player, or he'll be the one to mess the relationship up by cheating or flirting with another girl ! But they're just not for me, I'm too loud and aggressive to be with a shy guy :colone:

yea i'm the same when it comes to shy girls i'm just too loud not so much aggressive :colondollar: and wouldn't be able to stand a shy girl if she couldn't open up after a while
Reply 35
Unlucky man

This was posted from The Student Room's app in my head
Reply 36
yea i'm the same when it comes to shy girls i'm just too loud not so much aggressive :colondollar: and wouldn't be able to stand a shy girl if she couldn't open up after a while

It's okay if I'm aggressive though, I'm just a girl, how much harm could I really inflict? I do swear a lot however :rolleyes:
Shy people are just cool when they open up, otherwise, they just suck. I mean, they're always so quiet and stuff, there's just gotta be more to you than silence and smiles buddy! :biggrin:
Reply 37
At least she was real and up front...unlike most girls who would have just strung you along for an ego boost.
Original post by Anonymous
It's just it's going to be so messy as the girl I asked out friend has apparently fancied me for years, and I was an ******* and never paid attention to her, now she'll probably hate me and I'll have no-one left.

This girl that friendzoned me dates good looking douche bags and not guys like me that actually care for her. **** this, she was actually one of my best friends.

Have you ever thought that she is being loyal to her friend who liked you? Letting you down the easy way. It would be pretty low to date someone your friend has fancied for years. It might make things awkward for them.
Friendship always comes before a potential partner.

You know the saying bros over hos well there's a female equivalent chicks over dicks or something like that.It's called karma mate. You're getting a taste of your own medicine which is the only way some people learn. You can't really say anything bad about the girl's character when your behaviour mirrors hers. She dates good looking douches and you've fancied someone who is similarly shallow. Guys who like girls for looks over personality and reject the nice girls get the same sort of treatment they complain about when girls reject nice boys.
Life lesson 1: looks fade but personality is forever. Learn from this and move on. Make new friends.

Have you ever thought about the pain and resentment her friend feels for having feelings for you and being rejected because she is not "good looking enough?" It's probably similar to how you're feeling now. Don't expect her to come back though no one likes to be seen as rebound or rejected material or being settled for.
You've probably screwed up her image of guys and now she will think all guys are jerks. She may also be less reluctant to be trusting and friendly to guys..maybe even act bitchy or jerk like to future guys who shows interest. Then guys wonder why nice girls don't exist or why girls are bitchy and easily give a cold shoulder to upcoming advances. So thanks for turning a nice girl into acting opposite of that.

Definitely expect her to discuss it with her friends. It shows loyalty in not dating someone your friend fancies. It shows loyalty to friendship over a fleeting summer fling/romance
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by sotrulybeautiful
Have you ever thought that she is being loyal to her friend who liked you? Letting you down the easy way. It would be pretty low to date someone your friend has fancied for years. It might make things awkward for them.
Friendship always comes before a potential partner.

You know the saying bros over hos well there's a female equivalent chicks over dicks or something like that.It's called karma mate. You're getting a taste of your own medicine which is the only way some people learn. You can't really say anything bad about the girl's character when your behaviour mirrors hers. She dates good looking douches and you've fancied someone who is similarly shallow. Guys who like girls for looks over personality and reject the nice girls get the same sort of treatment they complain about when girls reject nice boys.
Life lesson 1: looks fade but personality is forever. Learn from this and move on. Make new friends.

Have you ever thought about the pain and resentment her friend feels for having feelings for you and being rejected because she is not "good looking enough?" It's probably similar to how you're feeling now. Don't expect her to come back though no one likes to be seen as rebound or rejected material or being settled for.
You've probably screwed up her image of guys and now she will think all guys are jerks. She may also be less reluctant to be trusting and friendly to guys..maybe even act bitchy or jerk like to future guys who shows interest. Then guys wonder why nice girls don't exist or why girls are bitchy and easily give a cold shoulder to upcoming advances. So thanks for turning a nice girl into acting opposite of that.

Definitely expect her to discuss it with her friends. It shows loyalty in not dating someone your friend fancies. It shows loyalty to friendship over a fleeting summer fling/romance

Yes, luckily for me the girl never actually said she loved me, so I should be okay with not falling out with her and her friends as I could just say I didn't know. (It was rather obvious though)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending