The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
take a look at the plaza (unite) i was going to apply for liberty prk maybe bt then i found this place, its a million times better and is also much cheeper if u book now and u wud be right nxt to the city centre and leeds college of art. which saves on bus money.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
haha I have actually been looking at The Plaza! It looks sooooo nice bit more expenisve, all the studio rooms had gone for Liberty anyway, not sure if there's ones left at the Plaza though either.
Reply 3
well i asked about rooms and i think theyve still got loads.i really want to go there but am worried that no one from leeds college of art are going. do u think u mite?cos that wud be cool.
Reply 4
im livin at liberty park now, if u got any Q's add me to MSN or email me
[email protected]

peace
Reply 5
megan
well i asked about rooms and i think theyve still got loads.i really want to go there but am worried that no one from leeds college of art are going. do u think u mite?cos that wud be cool.

I might, my boyfriend did fill out one of those online applications about 2 weeks ago for the double room but we've not heard anything back yet, but then we had an argument (lol) and he said maybe we should live together but have seperate rooms so if we fight the other one has their own space, so I think he's looking for a house share thing now, which is a bit naff because I really wanted to live at The Plaza, it sounds so nice! I might try and bring him round to the idea again this week and phone the Plaza place to see if theres any double rooms left.
Reply 6
yey.
ive jst booked my room there. and think im getting put wiv sum other ppl who are going to lcad.
jenna_is_ace
Okay so I've been looking at Liberty Park flats, and they seem great. A bit expensive maybe but I like that it is quite secure and modern.

Before I book a room though, has anyone else looked at Liberty Park? What do you think? Or is anyone living here/lived here and how is it really? Any drawbacks/good points you think I should take into consideration?

Cheers.

Jenna x

OMG- they are not expensive if you compare them to rates in london!! :smile:
Reply 8
Liberty Pak is so bad its untrue. Move there at your peril. I speak from experience. Opal Court is situated right next to LB and for the same price includes free use of an on site swimming pool and jacuzzi!
Reply 9
whats so bad about liberty park?
Reply 10
yea i wanna know that too lol
I'll be ringing up on Tuesday and booking a room here. No idea what any of the accomodation is like in Leeds as not been to see any, so better to be safe than sorry. The website makes it look really nice, anyone else going there in Septermber?
Reply 12
Hey I have a place at liberty park and Im on the art foundation course at the art college any one else goin to liberty park on foundation or at the college.
Reply 13
RoryOi
Liberty Pak is so bad its untrue. Move there at your peril. I speak from experience. Opal Court is situated right next to LB and for the same price includes free use of an on site swimming pool and jacuzzi!

This is false. Opal Court does not have free use of onsite swimming pool and jacuzzi. You will have to pay a small fee for it, I'm not sure what, but maybe an exdtra £2-£4 I'm told. Opal Court does however have included 1MB broadband, whereas Liberty you'd need to pay an extra £150.

Also, bear in mind that The Plaza isn't cheaper than Opal or Liberty. Remember the extra hidden costs [Internet, Utlities etc] and week/pay ratio.
BandanaDan
Opal Court does however have included 1MB broadband, whereas Liberty you'd need to pay an extra £150.

£150 for the whole year right? Is that expensive or cheap? (I have no clue about these things) I'm so regretting leaving things til the last minute now ahhhh.
Reply 15
£150 for the whole duration you will stay there, so about £15 per month.

The internet is available in different speeds at Liberty.
£150 = 1Mb/s
£200 = 2Mb/s
£250 = 4 Mb/s plus freeview tv and off site storage.

supplied by www.ask4.com

Although that's slightly better then the cost it would if you was gonna get it at home (eg, I pay £18 per month for 512kbps)

IT IS A RIP OFF for a Student Accommodation IMO. If you're gonna pay something like £84 a week, they should at least give you the basic broadband for FREE. Many other Unis provide this free service (although their net access is restricted)

Well I'm going to go to Opal anyway so I'm not too worried :smile:
Reply 16
i aint personally hadd any problems at liberty park... though my mates have been in hot water with the management... but thats only cos everyone is always in their flat an it gets messed up BAD..

as for distance, its like 5-10 mins walk into the main shops etc in the city.. if that.. or u can catch the free bus from the top of the road which takes you round the city (all about the FREE bus!)
Reply 17
i cant express enough how much you should stay away from Liberty Park unless you want to be seriously ripped off. The stuff the management get up to should be against the law, and quite possibly is. Pm me if you want to know more
Who's going to the Liberty Park viewing/mixing day on 12th July for LCAD students? Management told me over the phone that unless I go I won't be able to pick what room I have, but I don't mind really. I probably won't be put with other Leeds college students if I don't go, but will that really be a problem?
Reply 19
RoryOi
i cant express enough how much you should stay away from Liberty Park unless you want to be seriously ripped off. The stuff the management get up to should be against the law, and quite possibly is. Pm me if you want to know more

Hey i've read what you've said about liberty park and i'm now really worried. I've applied to live there in september when i start leeds met-now i'm having second thoughts. Do you think there would be anyway i could get out of this one???

Latest