The Student Room Group

Wjec Psychology PY3 & PY4 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by wellpastmybedtime
As it happens I do have grade A and A* answers (full mark answers) for the sections I teach. If anyone asks me properly I will send them to them.

Hello, I was wondering if you could send me your A and/or A* grade answers for memory and forensics please as I am really struggling with it?

Would be much appreciated
Thank you :smile:
Going to this WJEC Psychology seminar thing tomorrow in UWIC -_-

Ffs re-learning PY1 theories is so confusing! Why am I resitting a B :frown:
Reply 62
To get an A* do you need to get over 320 UMS points or just have 320 points? Help pleaseee
Reply 63
Does anyone reckon it is remotely possible to learn the whole of PY4 and PY2 resit in 2 weeks before the 20th an get an A? Because that's what I'm having to do :s
Original post by GCas
Does anyone reckon it is remotely possible to learn the whole of PY4 and PY2 resit in 2 weeks before the 20th an get an A? Because that's what I'm having to do :s

For PY4 just learn 3 sections - everything but the controversy and make sure the essays you learn are all full marks = A. For PY2 do the same with the essays and you should be good. It's possible.
Reply 65
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
For PY4 just learn 3 sections - everything but the controversy and make sure the essays you learn are all full marks = A. For PY2 do the same with the essays and you should be good. It's possible.

Yeahhh I was kind of hoping to get an A* by the end of the year... perhaps that's pushing it a bit too much hahaha, I just need to live and breathe psychology for the next 2 weeks and see what happens :s especially considering the fact I've applied to Trinity College Dublin
Original post by GCas
Yeahhh I was kind of hoping to get an A* by the end of the year... perhaps that's pushing it a bit too much hahaha, I just need to live and breathe psychology for the next 2 weeks and see what happens :s especially considering the fact I've applied to Trinity College Dublin

Well for an A* you don't really need to change anything for what I said for PY2. As for PY3 & PY4 you would have to get an A* in them. PY3 is pretty easy so I'm not gonna explain that. As for PY4 the A* tends to be round 83 marks. So you should basically attempt to learn everything if that's the case. I also recommend spicestrawberrys essays. They are incredibly long but I think all of them are full marks. Good Luck.
Anyone doing PY3 tomorrow? Any tips pleaseeee

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Original post by beautywithbrains
Anyone doing PY3 tomorrow? Any tips pleaseeee

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing PY3 tomorrow. Just remember to be really clear with your answers in section A and B; always try and give a reason for your answer e.g. if they ask for an advantage say why it would be an advantage. And for section C, make sure you're fully answering the question in every paragraph e.g. by making sure you use specific words like 'advantage', 'ethical issue'. Always elaborate on every point you make to maximise your marks. You need to use specific words in sections A and B as well; if there's a question about reliability always use the word consistency, and if there's one about validity always talk about relevance.

Good luck :smile:
Original post by Imog
I'm doing PY3 tomorrow. Just remember to be really clear with your answers in section A and B; always try and give a reason for your answer e.g. if they ask for an advantage say why it would be an advantage. And for section C, make sure you're fully answering the question in every paragraph e.g. by making sure you use specific words like 'advantage', 'ethical issue'. Always elaborate on every point you make to maximise your marks. You need to use specific words in sections A and B as well; if there's a question about reliability always use the word consistency, and if there's one about validity always talk about relevance.

Just to confirm, do you only need to contextualize when it asks you to in questions?
e.g.
Identify and explain one problem of validity? (4) marks
Explain one advantage and one disadvantage of a field experiment. (4) marks

do you like to link it to the study? I thought it was only the ones that asked.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 70
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
Just to confirm, do you only need to contextualize when it asks you to in questions?
e.g.
Identify and explain one problem of validity? (4) marks
Explain one advantage and one disadvantage of a field experiment. (4) marks

do you like to link it to the study? I thought it was only the ones that asked.

Generally you only have to contextualise if the question asks you to, but if you're having trouble explaining yourself in a question it can help to contextualise even if you're not specifically asked to. So in the second question you posted, if your mind suddenly went blank and you couldn't remember how to explain the advantage you chose (let's say ecological validity), you could expand by saying something like 'For example, the above study had high ecological validity because...'

But yes, in general you're only required to contextualise if you're specifically asked to.
Ready for tomorrow guys :wink: PY3 time
Original post by Imog

Oh ok thank youuu! I know this is last minute but are the advantages and disadvantages of interviews and questionnaires???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Coconutter
Ready for tomorrow guys :wink: PY3 time

Hmmmmm I think so! Wbu?? What are the advantages and disadvantages of questionnaires and interviews???

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did people find it?? Felt so good after that exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beautywithbrains
How did people find it?? Felt so good after that exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd only learned the Advantages and disadvantages essay, so at 4am this morning I woke up and learned the ethical issues with humans off by heart. Before going in I said "Please not the animals question" and turned it around before the timer and saw it, and was so scared.. but I was so lucky the perfect scenario came up!

I answered everything, was a little rushed for time at the end but the only mistake I think I made was the 'Statistics test' question where I put 'average' instead of the Wilcoxon, Chi Squared test etc -.-

Hopefully 30/30 on Section C and what I got on the others is anyone's guess because the wording needs to be so precise etc.
One thing I hated was when it asked for definitions, and you know what it is but it's really hard to put into words.

I had no idea how to word 'Qualitative data' so was all like "Instead of using numbers you collect information through open ended questions and observations" etc..
Reply 77
I think it all went OK...I finished with about 10 seconds to spare so I hope I didn't make any stupid mistakes in section A and B because I didn't have time to go back and check.

I was hoping the animals question and advantages would come up, but I'm happy with disadvantages as well. I'm glad I didn't have to answer the 'dealing with ethical issues' etc. because I never understood it that well.

Most people in my college who did the exam skipped the stats question. I put Spearman's Rank because the study had ordinal data, but I think I messed up and should have put Mann Whitney U (I based it on the fact that the study had a correlation but I don't know if that was relevant). It might even have been interval data because one part of it was about age. I got a bit confused about qualitative data and content analysis too but managed to write something for every question so hopefully I did OK.
I didn't like it- messed up my timing pretty badly :frown:. Wasn't a bad paper just wish I had of gone a bit faster.
Original post by Imog

Most people in my college who did the exam skipped the stats question. I put Spearman's Rank because the study had ordinal data, but I think I messed up and should have put Mann Whitney U (I based it on the fact that the study had a correlation but I don't know if that was relevant). It might even have been interval data because one part of it was about age. I got a bit confused about qualitative data and content analysis too but managed to write something for every question so hopefully I did OK.

Spearman's was right :smile:- it was ordinal data and a test of relationship.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending