The Student Room Group

TEFL support thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Check this out - hopefully it helps

http://www.lovetefl.com/internships/
Original post by Mr.Grieves
Is it possible for me to become qualified and find a TEFL placement before I return to University in September 2016? From what I can see from the TEFL Jobs center, most positions are 9 months and begin in the Autumn. I would be interested in taking a much shorter placement since the qualification itself takes about 3 months to complete. Could someone tell me if this is a realistic expectation? The TEFL service are understandably reluctant to give me any definitive "yes" or "no" answers.

Yes you can find jobs for less than 9 months, you could even sign up to that program then just leave early? But maybe if you want the whole experience then committing to a longer term placement might be better?

Have you thought about maybe doing a short term TEFL internship instead? You can find placements on the following pages:
- TEFL in Vietnam
- TEFL in China
- TEFL in Thailand
(edited 7 years ago)
If anyone is looking to take a TEFL course at the moment you can get 15% off online and classroom courses with i-to-i.
(edited 7 years ago)
Is there any TEFL programmes in Asia I can do without a degree?
I'm looking at getting a TEFL qualification however I don't have the time available to do the 120+hr course tefl.org.uk recommends. will this have any significant impact on the value of the qualification? also is there any courses beyond TEFL that would be valuable, but not with the same time commitment as the Cambridge course, for positions in SE Asia or West Africa? I don't have a degree but I have an English language&literature a level and pretty strong written and oral English skills (in comparison to native speakers).

Thanks
Hi I am on the assignment 1 listening and grammar please help me
I am really stuck I have failed twice
Original post by Eleni stavri
Hi I am on the assignment 1 listening and grammar please help me

What is the task?
To be able*to travel and <a href=
Original post by Ivan Aqueldo
To be able*to travel and <a href=

???
Alot of the schools in Asia are paying for students to do the TEFL courses before they leave the uk or whilst they are working. There are a few schools that advertise on our website -jetsetter jobs. Worth a look , as it may save you a few pennys!
If anyone is looking to take a TEFL course at the moment you can get up to 50% discount on online/classroom TEFL courses with i-to-i which is a pretty good deal.
(edited 6 years ago)
How did this turn out? I'm thinking of signing up for one of their classes, and would love any info/experience you could offer!
Reply 73
HI my name is wahid. I am doing the online tefl course with my girlfriend. We are getting on well with the course, however we have been struggling on the grammer module on unit 6 which is the reported speech quiz. We have only a few attempts left. We have put in soo much hard work to get the correct answers but have kept failing. Has anyone else had any problems on this quiz. We would love to get some help from someone. Thank you
For anyone looking to get TEFL certified you can get a 20% discount on classroom/online courses with the International TEFL and TEFL Training which seems a pretty good deal.
I am doing an online tefl course and want to get help with the written lesson planning assignment.Is there any site that can help?
The abbreviation TEFL essentially represents Teaching English as a Foreign Language. ... Subsequent to doing a course, understudies will be granted a TEFL testament and will be able to show English as an unknown dialect.
As a rule TEFL isn't difficult to pass. Eye to eye courses by and large have interviews and severe confirmation prerequisites so assuming it isn't probably going to finish or pass the course, they won't be conceded in any case.
Contingent upon how the course is organised, a 120-hour TEFL course can take somewhere in the range of one month to a half year. More limited courses are more escalated and require full-time study. Longer courses are low maintenance and permit time for different exercises.

Quick Reply

Latest