The Student Room Group

Camp America 2013

Scroll to see replies

I would get your applications in asap. In previous years they've closed Marchish I think.
Reply 61
I advise you all to have a look at Americamp! The only difference is, you pay for your flights, application price cost less and you get paid more at the end of it! Plus Americamp's application isn't as strict and they have much more communication with their applicants! Really nice people! I applied with them and I have been placed :biggrin:
if anyone has any questions send me a message or quote me :biggrin:
Reply 62
Original post by redwood_phoenix
Normally it takes a couple of weeks (from when your interviewer send it which may be a couple of days after your interview depending on when they can get to a postbox etc). But bear in mind that the recruitment fairs in the last week of Jan mean that things may be slightly delayed in the office - so CA have had LOADS of paperwork to sort through in the last couple of weeks. Hopefully it won't be too much longer though.

You were right :smile:
It got processed yesterday and I am now ready to place (it took exactly four weeks from my interview)!
Fingers crossed..
Is anyone teaching guitar? If soo, what practical and theory grades have you been asked for?
Reply 64
anyone still waiting to be placed?? I don't want to be the only 1 :frown:
Reply 65
I live in the UK is it too late to do this for summer 2013?
Reply 66
Original post by Dixie
I live in the UK is it too late to do this for summer 2013?

Far too late!
Reply 67
Original post by CalDem
Far too late!

when should i apply for summer 2014?
Reply 68
Original post by Dixie
when should I apply for summer 2014?

Mid August to late-December. The earlier, the better. You can technically apply right up until the recruitment fairs in late January.
Reply 69
I'm applying for CA in 2014.

I've already got my personal profile set up, and i'm going to submit the first £69 on August 1st or in the first week.

If anyone is from South Yorkshire or Yorkshire area in the UK and looking to do Camp America - add me on Facebook

Google "Rebecca Louise Facebook" and hopefully i'm the first one there... it should say "previously worked at Dorothy Perkins" - that's me ! :biggrin:
Reply 70
Original post by RLSouthorn
I'm applying for CA in 2014.

I've already got my personal profile set up, and i'm going to submit the first £69 on August 1st or in the first week.

If anyone is from South Yorkshire or Yorkshire area in the UK and looking to do Camp America - add me on Facebook

Google "Rebecca Louise Facebook" and hopefully i'm the first one there... it should say "previously worked at Dorothy Perkins" - that's me ! :biggrin:

So am I!!! I have got my video and references sorted, but how have you set your profile up? are you a previous member? I'm sooo excited!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:
Does anyone know exactly where the camps are and what they're called?
Reply 72
I'm thinking of applying for camp but am scared of being lonely, not shy but not the most outgoing person. Does anyone have some advice?
Reply 73
I've registered had my interview waiting to hear back, I'm a first timer anyone been before that can give some info on the process?

Original post by Mortilator10
Does anyone know exactly where the camps are and what they're called?

There are camps literally all over the States!! There's quite a lot in New York and Pennsylvania, but I have friends who've been placed in California, Kentucky, Ohio and Florida!!
Original post by Alex Palin
I've registered had my interview waiting to hear back, I'm a first timer anyone been before that can give some info on the process?

What kind of info are you looking??!! I've been the past two summers and can't wait to get back!! :biggrin:
I read Captain America and got so excited :ashamed:

:creep:

Quick Reply

Latest