The Student Room Group

Ideal A Levels for an Economics degree?

Hi, I'm currently taking History,Physics and Maths at A2.

When I apply, will my subject choices be taken into account? Ie. Physics and Maths are harder than Geography and Sociology?

Basically if I miss out on the (hypothetical) offer as I'm doing 'harder' subjects will that reflect favourably?

Thanks
Reply 1
And are there 'ideal' a levels for economics?
Reply 2
You'll be just fine with your subjects applying for an Economics degree. It's hard to say whether you'll still be offered a place if you miss your offer. Admissions will look at a variety of things, such as your personal statement, how you compare with others in the same position as you, and of course your subjects.
Original post by g12345
Hi, I'm currently taking History,Physics and Maths at A2.

When I apply, will my subject choices be taken into account? Ie. Physics and Maths are harder than Geography and Sociology?

Basically if I miss out on the (hypothetical) offer as I'm doing 'harder' subjects will that reflect favourably?

Thanks

Your subject choices are very strong for appying to do economics.

I guess ideal subjects would be any combination from the traditional subjects (sciences, maths, history, eng lit, languages) and ideally a mixture of science/maths and artsy/humanities subjects...which you have!
Reply 4
I'd say your A Level choices are fine. You have a respected essay-based subject in there (history), and Maths which is great as Economics at degree level is relatively Mathematical so i've heard. Physics again is a highly respected and traditional subject. I think what they look for most is that you have a well rounded set of a levels, which includes both humanities and sciences. Just make sure you have a strong personal statement which highlights your keen interest in the subject.
Well Maths further maths and economics
Reply 6
Original post by countrybumpkin
Your subject choices are very strong for appying to do economics.

I guess ideal subjects would be any combination from the traditional subjects (sciences, maths, history, eng lit, languages) and ideally a mixture of science/maths and artsy/humanities subjects...which you have!

That makes me feel better about the subjects, thanks!
Top unis like further maths but those subjects are good.
Reply 8
good choices

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending