The Student Room Group

Domino's or Papa John's (which is better?)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
Both are **** compared to Pizza Hut.

I went to PH when I was about 10. Are they really that good?
Reply 21
Original post by Wilfred Little
lol

3 large pizzas for a tenner? Is that one of those grimey places where they do kebabs/curries/pizzas/chippy all in 1 shop and the workers have fungus growing under their fingernails?

My favourite pizza place does 3 large pizzas for a tenner, as well as kebabs and chippy stuff, and they are AWESOME.
Reply 22
lol

3 large pizzas for a tenner? Is that one of those grimey places where they do kebabs/curries/pizzas/chippy all in 1 shop and the workers have fungus growing under their fingernails?

haha no, their just stingy with the toppings when its 3 for 10 lol
Reply 23
Original post by smithsmith

I go to shops with this deal and they are never stingy with the toppings! I love it :tongue:
Original post by smithsmith

It's OK, there's a pizza shop near where I live, it's very small, it is run by Italians and has been there years. They do a deal between 12 and 2, all pizzas half price collection only. You can get a large pizza for £3.80 :biggrin:

Good shop.
Papa John's gets my vote.
Reply 26
Was it ever really good though? I tried it ages ago at a party three or four years ago, it was OK but nothing special.

I ask because when I'm hungry and my tea is in the oven I look at pizza menus and I just saw Domino's is more expensive than Papa John's and yet the pizzas are smaller. What a joke :frown:

I think it was back in the day, the pizza was so much tastier, same price but really nice. Now it just tastes bland, even the topping have no flavour it's like chewing warm cardboard :frown:.

I actually prefer the small pizza shops now, cheaper, greasier and awesome tasting pizza.
Reply 27
I like Dominos Texas BBQ pizza but I admit it does lack that stringy cheesey element that pizza hut offers plus the base isn't particularly nice, the only other dominoes pizza I ordered was cheese steak and it was pretty bad. However dominoes do really good sides and dips which can compensate for the pizza to an extent. I've never had pjs so voted doms!

One thing that can't be denied is that both are a ripoff
Reply 28
Both overpriced.

Can get a large margherita at my local for £3.50
Reply 29
Dominos

This was posted from The Student Room's app in my head
Reply 30
Pizza Hut every time.
Original post by .Scout.
Pizza Hut every time.

That's not in the poll options :wink:
Both are overpriced, but I prefer Dominos. Their crust dip is nicer for a start, PJ's has a weird after taste to their garlic butter crust dip stuff. Plus the sides at Dominos are nicer too. Maybe it's because I've always ordered Dominos but when I had PJ's it was just disappointing.

I prefer the sides to the actual pizzas anyway, the only pizza I actually really enjoy is the Chicago Town ones you buy in supermarkets.
I'm not a fan of take away pizzas but when I do order I either just go to the place round the corner, or I use Pizza Hut, which I'm pretty sure is both better, and cheaper, than the two in this poll.
Papa Johns without a question. Dominos really are poor.
Dominos' Double Decadence base.

I've put on a stone just thinking about it.
Domino's always. Mighty Meaty on a Dominator base :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 37
Papa johns no doubt, dominos is a ****ing rip off.
Greasy, spongy base, poor toppings, slow delivery drivers, the tomato base has a really bitter taste. Papa Johns is miles ahead.

Unless I'm out of town though I use an independant joint, chains are overpriced and nowhere near as good.
My local uses a real woodfired oven, all the toppings are good quality, the tomato sauce is home made, really friendly.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
probably lol
Original post by ineed
probably lol

definitely a worthwhile comment for a 3 and a half year thread resurrection :rip:

Quick Reply

Latest