The Student Room Group

HELP!! Is It Possible?!

Hi!

Sorry for giving you a heart attack with that title... :biggrin:

So, umm the deal is, I got admitted to my insurance choice, but I misunderstood my application requirements. It turns out that I didn't get the grades so they changed my course from a 3-Year BSc Psychology, to a 4-year BSc/PsyF Psychology. (Basically Psychology With A Foundation Year) The problem is, I know for a fact that I am capable of succeeding in the BSc Course, My grades were down to mitigating circumstances, I just don't like to talk, or even think about them.

Is there ANY possibility that once started, I could change back to the BSc Course?

Any help, advice, or "that happened to me!" stories would really be appreciated!

Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by YellowHarp
Hi!

Sorry for giving you a heart attack with that title... :biggrin:

So, umm the deal is, I got admitted to my insurance choice, but I misunderstood my application requirements. It turns out that I didn't get the grades so they changed my course from a 3-Year BSc Psychology, to a 4-year BSc/PsyF Psychology. (Basically Psychology With A Foundation Year) The problem is, I know for a fact that I am capable of succeeding in the BSc Course, My grades were down to mitigating circumstances, I just don't like to talk, or even think about them.

Is there ANY possibility that once started, I could change back to the BSc Course?

Any help, advice, or "that happened to me!" stories would really be appreciated!

Thank you :biggrin:

plenty of people switch around in their first couple of weeks, but it's not a guarantee and you might be stuck with the foundation course, which is basically another year to prepare you for university
Reply 2
Probably not, because as soon as you start you're missing work. They already don't think you're capable of the normal work, so they will not think you're capable of the normal work with a week of catching up to do. And then when you haven't convinced them, it will be 2 weeks, which is even harder...

If you have mitigating circumstances then tell the uni now, although it would have been better to tell them before. If you can, get your referee to confirm them.
Reply 3
Original post by Juno
Probably not, because as soon as you start you're missing work. They already don't think you're capable of the normal work, so they will not think you're capable of the normal work with a week of catching up to do. And then when you haven't convinced them, it will be 2 weeks, which is even harder...

If you have mitigating circumstances then tell the uni now, although it would have been better to tell them before. If you can, get your referee to confirm them.

Would it be possible to try and convince them during fresher's week, when there's no serious work going on, d'you think?
Reply 4
Thank you both, by the way, much appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending