The Student Room Group

US student studying in UK

Hi, I am moving to Europe with my family after completing a Associates Degree in Marketing from CUNY (City University Of New York). This is a two year degree. I am going to continue study in the Marketing field and my goal is a bachelors degree. My question is, will my 2 year marketing degree be accepted by most UK universities so I can continue working toward my bachelors or will I have to start from scratch?

I have graduated with honors and a GPA of 3.7.

Thanks.
This is one of those unusual questions that people on here are unlikely to know the answer to. I'd suggest emailing the admissions tutors of those universities that you are interested in, and asking them the same question. Only they will know the answer!
Reply 2
Just so you know, people will think you're dumb when you say that you're moving to Europe.. with the intention of studying in the UK

That's like saying we're going to the Northern Hemisphere with the intention of studying in Greenland.
Reply 3
Original post by Kevin2345
Hi, I am moving to Europe with my family after completing a Associates Degree in Marketing from CUNY (City University Of New York). This is a two year degree. I am going to continue study in the Marketing field and my goal is a bachelors degree. My question is, will my 2 year marketing degree be accepted by most UK universities so I can continue working toward my bachelors or will I have to start from scratch?

I have graduated with honors and a GPA of 3.7.

Thanks.

I think it depends on whether the university recognizes the associates degree. Your best bet is to email different uni departments on have a look on their websites and see what qualifications they accept.

I was also wondering, which British universities are most well known in the US? Apart from Oxford and Cambridge?
Reply 4
Original post by TheBBQ
Just so you know, people will think you're dumb when you say that you're moving to Europe.. with the intention of studying in the UK

That's like saying we're going to the Northern Hemisphere with the intention of studying in Greenland.

Nonsense.
Reply 5
Original post by TheBBQ

UK is in Europe you dumb.
Reply 6
Original post by f1mad
Nonsense.

Pos rep.
Reply 7
Thanks everyone. Any known UK universities that have a good marketing program?
Reply 8
May I ask as an offtopic question why you are moving to the UK? Surely USA has higher salaries and lower cost of living compared to the UK which is very overpriced and a heaven for tax :biggrin:?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending