The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

ECON1008 Mathematics for Economics

Hello :smile:.

I'm doing Economics and Management Sciences at the University of Southampton in October and was just wondering if ECON1008 is done in semester 1 or semester 2? Past papers show that its done in semester 2 but on my modules it says its in semester 1. :confused:
Reply 1
https://www.soton.ac.uk/economics/undergraduate/modules/econ1008_mathematics_for_economics.page

Just google the module with soton (soton econ1008) and you'll find the module page
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Michaelking
https://www.soton.ac.uk/economics/undergraduate/modules/econ1008_mathematics_for_economics.page

Just google the module with soton (soton econ1008) and you'll find the module page

Yeah I did this and it comes up with it being in Semester 2 but under my modules on my timetable its in semester 1 :/.
Reply 3
Original post by Smeemi
Hello :smile:.

I'm doing Economics and Management Sciences at the University of Southampton in October and was just wondering if ECON1008 is done in semester 1 or semester 2? Past papers show that its done in semester 2 but on my modules it says its in semester 1. :confused:

It would be wise to email the Economics Division and ask. Econ1007 is listed as a second semester module, whereas Econ1008 is being listed as a first semester module; every year prior it's been the reverse.

This could simply be an error, and will be rectified shortly, or maybe indeed they finally have switched Econ1007 and Econ1008 round in teaching order. To be honest, it does make more sense for them to, but I really think they have just made an error.

The email address to email is: [email protected]
Reply 4
Original post by .ACS.
It would be wise to email the Economics Division and ask. Econ1007 is listed as a second semester module, whereas Econ1008 is being listed as a first semester module; every year prior it's been the reverse.

This could simply be an error, and will be rectified shortly, or maybe indeed they finally have switched Econ1007 and Econ1008 round in teaching order. To be honest, it does make more sense for them to, but I really think they have just made an error.

The email address to email is: [email protected]

Thanks mate - will email them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending