The Student Room Group

AJ's Arduous Autumn Anime Preview 2012

Since Cara is off exploring the world, I've been left in charge of summarising this season's anime... cue slow internet speeds. :sigh: Looking up everything that's due to air in a month or so has been interesting, but it'd be nice if I'm also able to watch them when the time comes. :p:

For previous Season Summaries click here

Spring 2011
Winter 2011
Autumn 2010
"]Summer 2010
Spring 2010
Winter 2010
Autumn 2009
Summer 2009
Spring 2009
Winter 2009
Autumn 2008
Summer 2008
Spring 2008
Winter 2008

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Kamisama Hajimemash!ta

Litchi De Hikari Club

Jormungand: Perfect Order

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Sh!tai!

Hayate no Gotoku!: Can't Take My Eyes Off You

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb

Busou Shinki

Zetsuen no Tempest: The Civilization Blaster

K *expands expand tag for easier clicking*

Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne—

To Love-Ru: Darkness

3 Bakuman

Little Busters!

Sukitte Iinayo.

(edited 11 years ago)

Ixion Saga DT

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Girls und Panzer

Medaka Box Abnormal

Robotics;Notes

Seitokai no Ichizon: Shin Anime

Magi

Psycho-Pass

Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter

(edited 11 years ago)

Code:Breaker

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Btooom!

Hiiro no Kakera Dai-ni-Shou

Initial D Fifth Stage

Shin Sekai Yori

Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

To quote Cara in her Winter 2012 preview thread: “Not bothering with OVAs this time because I can’t be bothered (woo!).” All the info has been sourced from The Fansub Wiki, MAL and AniDB, while all images are provided and hosted by Caraniel. :smile:

*disconnects*
(edited 11 years ago)
AJ's want to watch list - "The Internet Hates Me" edition.

Jormungand: Perfect Order

Zetsuen no Tempest

Psycho-Pass

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai

Shin Sekai Yori!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Good job AJ! I know from experience how time consuming it is to put these posts together - must have been especially arduous given your dodgy internet. Thanks for taking the task on - feels weird not having to do it myself since I've only missed a couple of seasons since 2008 and strangely I enjoy the process!

There are quite a few shows I'm interested in, but since I'll be travelling quite extensively from next week onwards, I won't be able to do my usual routine of sampling everything and watching 20+ shows at once (that's going to be a real trial for my OCD - will be missing the end of this season as well as the start of next season!).

I definitely want to check out Magi, K, Psycho-Pass & Robotics;Notes if I find the time (and internet connection) though. The sequels for Bakuman & Jormungand I can wait to marathon at a later date.....and I'm not sure I want to go anywhere near Manglobe's take on Hayate no Gotoku or JC Staff's attempt at a Key show, but Brains Base's go at a shoujo comedy may be interesting.
Original post by caraniel
Good job AJ! I know from experience how time consuming it is to put these posts together - must have been especially arduous given your dodgy internet. Thanks for taking the task on - feels weird not having to do it myself since I've only missed a couple of seasons since 2008 and strangely I enjoy the process!

There are quite a few shows I'm interested in, but since I'll be travelling quite extensively from next week onwards, I won't be able to do my usual routine of sampling everything and watching 20+ shows at once (that's going to be a real trial for my OCD - will be missing the end of this season as well as the start of next season!).

I definitely want to check out Magi, K, Psycho-Pass & Robotics;Notes if I find the time (and internet connection) though. The sequels for Bakuman & Jormungand I can wait to marathon at a later date.....and I'm not sure I want to go anywhere near Manglobe's take on Hayate no Gotoku or JC Staff's attempt at a Key show, but Brains Base's go at a shoujo comedy may be interesting.

The 35 minutes between my first post here and my second were particularly frustrating - the second lot of series just wouldn't post! :mad:

I'm missing the middle of this season right now, but a technician is coming over next Monday to look at our phone line, so hopefully I'll be up to date once this season ends, ready to sample the new stuff. :smile:
Reply 6
Thank you for doing this list AJ. :smile: Will have a look through it now.:beard:
Reply 7
In all likelyhood Little Busters is going to be terrible. Even though it is a Key VN, it has a bad studio and a terrible director behind it. Despite this I'll watch it, just on the slim chance that it'll be decent.

Aside from that

Robotics;notes Steins;gate was amazing, so hoping that this'll be similar in terms of quality
Seitokai no Ichizon Enjoyed the first season.
Medaka Box 2 S1 ended just as the show was getting good, so hopefully it'll carry on getting better
Chuunibyou Kyoani + action scenes, sounds like a match made in heaven.

And the panzer girls anime just cause of morbid curiosity.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Thanks for the preview -- an interesting read. But having read it I'm not sure there's anything I'm that interested in watching this season. I suppose I might try Robotics;Notes. And Gyrozetter if it actually gets subs somewhere... card games and cars and robots is a tempting combination.
Reply 9
Really looking forward to this season, shaping up to being one of the best for a while.

Had my eye on: Shin Sekai Yori, Robotics; Notes and Chuunibyou for quite a while. Hidamari, JJBA and ID also go without saying. Expecting JJBA to be massively inferior to other aspects of the franchise. Will probably pick up Little Busters, though I haven't read the VN. And Girls und Panzer.

Latest SSY PV.

Flicked through some scans of the manga

Spoiler

Unfortunately for me, my laptop is dead and I've got a good 3-4 episodes of the current season to catch up on when I can watch again, on top of the shows I want to pick up (so far).

I also forgot about Shinki.
(edited 11 years ago)
Shin Sekai Yori is out... and the new season begins.

*is still on episodes 10 or 11 of last season's anime* :sigh:
(edited 11 years ago)
:tumble: Sure is quiet around here when you take Cara and I out of the equation... What are people's opinions of the new shows a week into the season?

*hopes to make a start on them himself soon*
Reply 12
Great season so far.

Of the shows I've watched, that I planned to: SSY, Chuuni, Hidamari and JJBA; none of them have failed to impress. Still some shows I want to pick up, but seeing as I still don't have a new laptop sorted out, I don't want to consume space on the one I'm borrowing.
Reply 13
ok finally looked :ninja: Too many series set in high schools.:hmmm:

Stuff Im going to watch:
Jormungand 2
Jojo's bizare adventure
Bakuman 3, the second series was a bit dull in places and had its romance :dry: so hopefully this will be better :smile:
Robotics;Notes
Psycho pass, Production I.G :teeth:

Maybe:
Medaka box absolution... first series was ..ok at best, but improved when they turned out to have super powers.:lolwut: Will wait to see if this is more about that then medaka being the school dogsbody.
Zetsuen no Tempest: The Civilization Blaster sounds interesting:beard:
That magi one, it's not set in a school!:zomg:
code breaker:beard:
Shin Sekai Yori

Of course all this depends on if I ever make time for watching new series.:erm:
Reply 14
Original post by AngryJellyfish

Magi

Would very much recommend you read the manga! The anime is not bad, but the story feels a bit rushed and jumbled about so I feel like the character development isn't as enthralling. That being said: it's only 3 episodes in :p:

Quick Reply

Latest