The Student Room Group

Masters in Finance from Australian National University

Hi. I was hoping if someone could tell me how is the Masters in Finance program at ANU. I know Canberra is dull, but other than that, has anyone actually done the course there ? Cheers :biggrin:
Reply 1
Depends on what you intend to do after your masters degree.

I completed a Bachelor of Finance degree from the ANU and I can tell you that the quality of teaching is superb. ANU has an excellent finance faculty. The finance faculty offers courses in both quantitative finance and corporate finance/investment management. The courses are in depth and you can really specialize. However, you must note that ANU is a research focused university so most of your lecturers will be researchers and some may have little industry experience. Also, the undergraduate classes were very large.

The undergraduate courses are academically rigorous. However, the best undergraduate students don't go into masters programs - most of them secure great jobs and the ones that are interested in academia do an honours year, which is far more elite than a masters degree in Australia and offers direct entry to phd. You may find that the masters program is less competitive.

The ANU brand name will definitely help regardless of what you want to do next. About canberra, yes it's dull but you will make great friends and have a great time anyway. besides, sydney is only 3 hours away by road!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending