The Student Room Group

A problem with the Uni admin staff

Well, I just sent an email to this Uni admin staff for an application form and was hoping to get a softcopy of the form; instead of just telling me that they can't give me a softcopy via email in the first place, the person had to resort with a one line reply such as; "who is this?", then, "please call us." and lastly, "I can't give the form via email".
Why don't the person just say in the first place that they can't give it via email? :confused: I sent 5 emails to the person for just a form lol.
Funny enough, I have introduced myself as a student and it's just a simple form that I requested; no explanation why I can't get the form :confused:

Did I do something wrong here? :/
Reply 1
Original post by kka25
Well, I just sent an email to this Uni admin staff for an application form and was hoping to get a softcopy of the form; instead of just telling me that they can't give me a softcopy via email in the first place, the person had to resort with a one line reply such as; "who is this?", then, "please call us." and lastly, "I can't give the form via email".
Why don't the person just say in the first place that they can't give it via email? :confused: I sent 5 emails to the person for just a form lol.
Funny enough, I have introduced myself as a student and it's just a simple form that I requested; no explanation why I can't get the form :confused:

Did I do something wrong here? :/

Probably not, although it depends on the email you sent. If you want to post that then we can tell you!

If you sent a professionally worded email and got those responses then they are at fault.
Reply 2
Original post by Mbob
Probably not, although it depends on the email you sent. If you want to post that then we can tell you!

If you sent a professionally worded email and got those responses then they are at fault.

Well, I just asked the admin for a form; at the end of my email, I did include my information to tell them (briefly) who I am. I didn't include my ID though because I think it's just a harmless form, but I mentioned that I'm a student. I also mentioned why I want the form briefly at the end of my email.

Although I was a bit annoyed when the person didn't even bother writing it professionally and jumped with the "Who is this?" question, I still answered it professionally (e.g thank you for the reply, etc). I became more annoyed when the person responded with a one line answer again afterwards and insisting me to call them instead. Finally I asked again could I just get a copy of the form; the person just answered it with a one liner answer again :/
Reply 3
Can you copy the email you sent exactly?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending