The Student Room Group

Dissertation HELP

Hey

I'm getting ready to do my dissertation for my last year of my degree and I am really confused on what topic to study! It has to be a topic within religious studies, I was thinking of doing the concept of God and if everyone prays to one God without realising it. But I have no idea how to change that into a question or whether that would be interesting or not.

If anyone has any ideas pleaseeee let me know, it would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
Sounds like something to discuss with your supervisor really. Generally it's a good thing if you can find lots of papers asking similar questions and find a way of slotting your question into a gap that hasn't already been done before.
Reply 2
Yeah, I have booked an appointment with my supervisor but she isn't all that helpful to be fair.... Yeah I have looked at a few papers, but I'm just thinking it's too much of a broad topic, initially I wanted to do Islam and the media but I think that's too much of a controversial topic...
Reply 3
Does man innately seek divinity?
Reply 4
Thanks sounds really good :smile:, so in other words would that question mean are we all born to seek God...
Reply 5
I just mean, you ask if people pray to god without realizing. Do we innately look for for a divine being or spirits? Or is it simply mans need to make the unfamiliar, familiar? To my knowledge every human society throughout history has worshiped some divide force, do we as sentient beings find comfort in the idea that something, somewhere knows more than we do, are we subconsciously aware of our own limits and therefor seek someone or something that exceeds these limits, does that give us hope? Does that give us a purpose? Is that why there has been a rise in UFO sightings, as people abandon traditional gods and instead look to beings of this plain of existence that supersede us? Chariots of the gods and whatnot, this subject is a gold mine, your biggest problem would be concentrating it down to sometyhing to put in your dissertation.

Yes i have had a few ports but still i think this is true. Its actually a very interesting subject from a sociological, theological and historical point of view ...in my poinion.
Reply 6
Original post by Shabnam123
Yeah, I have booked an appointment with my supervisor but she isn't all that helpful to be fair.... Yeah I have looked at a few papers, but I'm just thinking it's too much of a broad topic, initially I wanted to do Islam and the media but I think that's too much of a controversial topic...

My housemate did Islam and the media for her diss!

I think she interviewed muslims on their opinions of it....Its a huge area and so had to narrow it down I think she ended up looking into soaps (the whole eastenders storyline) and I think eventually had to widen it a bit to get participants and so ended with tv in general

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending