The Student Room Group

Girls! Where do you find is best for bags?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amazingrace
Hey, depending on how much you're willing to invest, I would suggest buying a Cambridge Satchel: they are expensive however they are real leather and are sure to last for a long time, they go with just about everything! and would be a great addition to your wardrobe. I saved up for mine and bought it this summer and have received a ton of compliments on it since starting college. They come in just about every colour and are quite rare as not everyone has one. :colondollar:If a satchel is not your thing go for a rucksack/backpack, I too like to carry lots of unnecessary things with me, so I bought a backpack from TKmaxx. Don't forget to check out ebay if you're looking for a bargain on any high street/designer bag you never know what you might see on there. :smile: Good luck with your bag search!

I have a Cambridge Satchel bag and although I was really excited about it at first (I got mine in January), It stops looking good after a while, the leather on the part of the bag that you buckle looks wrinkly if you use it too much and if you buy a bright colour (I bought yellow) it gets stains which are almost impossible to get rid off.

I still wear it and I still get compliments but it wasn't worth 78 pounds
Reply 41
Original post by LaurenPhilippa
Well, avoid Primark at all costs haha - I love some of their designs, they probably have one of the biggest range of bags on the high street but the quality is awful. :erm:

I personally recommend Next, I've bought a very similar bag to this one for Uni;

http://www.next.co.uk/x50374s2

and it's brilliant! Massive, loads of room. I also seem to think I'm Mary Poppins with the amount of unnecessary stuff I carry around. :tongue:

Also check out Warehouse and TK Maxx. :rolleyes:

Despite a reputation as being a "cheap" shop - Matalan have some really nice satchel styles, too. :redface:

Wow that looks like a really nice bag, and Ive also had my eye on a couple of satchels at matalan. But not sure how the quality would be.:wink:
Original post by quaveralien
Longchamp le pliage bags :yeah: they come in a variety of colours and hold loads. They are a bit pricey compared to highstreet shops, but this is reflected in the quality- I've had mine almost a year and it looks practically brand new having been filled to the brim everyday of the week and bashed about in school corridors. Fossil are also good, or Fat face.

Agreed. I got mine as a present when I was 16 and now I'm in my second year of uni and sadly the zipper is slowly breaking down and there are holes in the corners so I'm replacing it with a leather satchel (£66 !!). They are incredibly durable, spacious, and comfortable to carry around.
Reply 43
Primark is a good place to get stylish but strong and spacious bags😂😁
Reply 44
Original post by charlottehattonx
Looking for something pretty yet quite big because I like to carry lots of unnecessary things around with me. :biggrin:

I've looked at Accessorize but is there anywhere that does really nice bags that don't get trashed after a week or so? I've looked at all the high street stores and they have such little choice!

I find Riverisland to be my all time favourite place for bags. Well if i could afford a £200 ted baker bag it might sway me but im being realistic!
Asos are a great online place to shop for bags, it really depends on your style
If you want traditional style bags try newlook or missselfrdige. Or if you prefer a vintage look (hope thats the right word) you could try Cathy Kidson. For more just online stores try boohoo and missguided
Hope this helps
Primark or new look!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like to buy bags from online stores like Borboletabag.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending