The Student Room Group

ABBC Economics

Hi there, This is my first thread on TSR.
Over the summer i received my AS results and found that i had got.
A 185 ums in economics
B in Maths
B in Physics
C in History

I want to apply to 2 of the following Durham, Nottingham or Exeter alongside
Edinburgh AAA
Manchester AAB
Birmingham AAA

My first problem is that i was predicted an A for AS history and love the subject. However i'm unsure if i should drop physics or History.

My parents have been pushing me and saying that these grades won't get me into Economics but might get me into economics and politics which has lower grade boundaries. I disregarded their opinion knowing that Economics and politics is run through the politics administration and i know nothing on the subject for my Personal statement. Teachers suggest just going for economics.

So i need some advice TSR. Is there anything i should do to boost my chances. Do i have a chance into getting into the universities mentioned above?

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
I can't talk about the other universities however I have a friend who had worse AS grades then you and received offers from Exeter, Edinburgh and Manchester. I think she had BBCD after AS yet received offers from those three universities to study economics.

As for your subject choice I would drop the subject you think you'll do worse in as for the calibre of universities your going to, you'll be aiming for AAB OR AAA.
Reply 2
I guess i'll drop history then. I only performed poorly in one module. And the story about your friend, thats kinda reassuring.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending