The Student Room Group

Second Interview at Waitrose

Hey guys two weeks ago I had an group assessment at Waitrose where I live and I found out on Tuesday by phonecall that I had a one to one interview or assessment as she called it with the section manager of fresh goods.

I was asked about what hours I can do, what I'm doing and shown around the store and told what my role would be. I was just wondering does this mean I have most likely got the job. Anyone who works at Waitrose if you know could you please help, thanks.

Just thought I should add the personnel manager said that she has 15-20 vacancies to fill.

Any help is much appreciated.

xoxo :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi Alison, how long did the second interview take for you?
I've just arranged mine for thursday, fingers crossed :biggrin:
What sort of things did they ask you?
Reply 2
Original post by Sockhead
Hi Alison, how long did the second interview take for you?
I've just arranged mine for thursday, fingers crossed :biggrin:
What sort of things did they ask you?

It was about 15-20 mins and I was just asked questions about what hours I can do and about my other job. I was then told about what I'd be doing and was given a tour of the branch.

I got the job in the end, been working there a couple of weeks now, really liking it :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Alison1991
It was about 15-20 mins and I was just asked questions about what hours I can do and about my other job. I was then told about what I'd be doing and was given a tour of the branch.

I got the job in the end, been working there a couple of weeks now, really liking it :smile:

Thankyou :smile: turns out mine was the same thing more or less! I hear if I got the job or not on Monday. I'll be working on the fresh section too - is it pretty simple how everything works? I get worried that I will put out the wrong stock ect ;p

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
Original post by Sockhead
Thankyou :smile: turns out mine was the same thing more or less! I hear if I got the job or not on Monday. I'll be working on the fresh section too - is it pretty simple how everything works? I get worried that I will put out the wrong stock ect ;p

Well it's a bit hard at first in terms of knowing where everything is but there's no way you cab put the wrong stock out as your manager or team leader will tell you what cage to take when you are in the chiller plus you will be put with someone at first to get to grips with the job lol.
Reply 5
Original post by Alison1991
Well it's a bit hard at first in terms of knowing where everything is but there's no way you cab put the wrong stock out as your manager or team leader will tell you what cage to take when you are in the chiller plus you will be put with someone at first to get to grips with the job lol.

Ahh thankyou! So relived haha :tongue:
My section manager gave a brief insight as to why 'investigating' is (when I'm not stock replenishing) which sounded confusing too, but I'm sure it isn't
Can't wait to get stuck in :smile: thanks again, glad to hear your enjoying it too!

Reply 6
Got the job, induction day next tuesday and first shift on thursday :smile: 8am-11.30am thursday friday and saturday, shame its only a few hours since I was looking for 9-5 5 days a week but ah well ^^
Excited!
Reply 7
Aww well atleast that's some money and the pay there is good.
I'm on a 21 hour contract and work 7:30 am-2:30 pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday but recently have been doing overtime so have been working 7:30-6 this week extending my contracted shifts and then a couple hours on the weekend like Sunday just gone I did 9:15am to 12:15pm and tomorrow I am doing 7:30am-1:30pm and planning to ask for more overtime next week. People think I'm mad for doing these hours as I have another job at Next on a 12 hour contract lol :smile:
I think it does because those were the same questions I was asked.

When it came to asking hours, I said I can do any really, I didnt say I could not do weekdays because obviously, they were looking for partime people and they knew I was going on to sixth form.

But yeah, I'd say your in!
Reply 9
Original post by weirdnessandcoffee
I think it does because those were the same questions I was asked.

When it came to asking hours, I said I can do any really, I didnt say I could not do weekdays because obviously, they were looking for partime people and they knew I was going on to sixth form.

But yeah, I'd say your in!

Hello!! I got through the group stage and they are trying to match me now they said!! I put my availability from 5-11 on weekdays and 7am-11pm on sat and sun!!! I go college and was looking for part time!!! How likely is it that they can match me within 3 weeks!!!! I am sooo excited but worries in case they can't match me because I am in college at times like 1400 9am etc. Also do many partners start or do they have shifts that that go from 5pm
Original post by blue012
Hello!! I got through the group stage and they are trying to match me now they said!! I put my availability from 5-11 on weekdays and 7am-11pm on sat and sun!!! I go college and was looking for part time!!! How likely is it that they can match me within 3 weeks!!!! I am sooo excited but worries in case they can't match me because I am in college at times like 1400 9am etc. Also do many partners start or do they have shifts that that go from 5pm

It depends on the branch, but I would say three weeks is plenty of time for them to get you matched in. It also depends on how many partners they need really, so it could be just you to a few, but congrats!
Reply 11
Original post by weirdnessandcoffee
It depends on the branch, but I would say three weeks is plenty of time for them to get you matched in. It also depends on how many partners they need really, so it could be just you to a few, but congrats!

Thank you !!! Does this show promising signs!!! I really made my availability broad. I can do MON-Fri from 5pm and sat and sun anytime!!! Do you think they can match me !!! I' m soooo worried losing the job from here. BTW my Branch is a new one opening in June!!!
Reply 12
Hi guys, I have a interview at Waitrose next, it would be a group interview based in London. Can I get any advice on what I would be doing, Questions the would ask me? Thanksss :smile:
Original post by blue012
Thank you !!! Does this show promising signs!!! I really made my availability broad. I can do MON-Fri from 5pm and sat and sun anytime!!! Do you think they can match me !!! I' m soooo worried losing the job from here. BTW my Branch is a new one opening in June!!!

I have had a similar email 4 days ago and I am in the same condition as you are :smile:
My store is opening in June too and I am bit curious if you are in the same store as I am :P (I have been appointed in Watford), did you get any reply yet or you still on hold matching a job thing ?
Reply 14
Original post by rockstar007
I have had a similar email 4 days ago and I am in the same condition as you are :smile:
My store is opening in June too and I am bit curious if you are in the same store as I am :P (I have been appointed in Watford), did you get any reply yet or you still on hold matching a job thing ?

Oooh Hello . sorry for the later reply!! I have been appointed at Clerkenwell :smile: , That store for June was Monument or Victoria!!!
Reply 15
Anyone know what day is payday this month??
Reply 16
I've applied for a Section Manager position at Waitrose and passed the first round of application and was invited to complete a video interview online which I have done.

Just wondered if anyone had done this before and how long it normally takes and what the next round is after video interview is.

Thanks
Original post by blue012
Oooh Hello . sorry for the later reply!! I have been appointed at Clerkenwell :smile: , That store for June was Monument or Victoria!!!

Hi sorry for being late! After 5 days of that email I got offered a place without involving the second interview (I am quite surprised). Though I have not started my job yet but I am on training these days. Hope you would have offered a job too.
Reply 18
Hi there
I had a group interview last week and got a call the next day from the store manager inviting me to come and talk to the fresh food manager She didn't say anything about an interview but should I expect an interview style meeting? or do you think this means I might have got the job?
Hey I've just had the same email. What was the video interview actually like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending