The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

University of Leicester - is it worth buying a bus pass?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abbii
I'm glad I got the bus pass as a fresher but I wouldn't again, the walks not bad and if you've got a bike it's fine, but it's good for meeting people and you don't want to be the only one in your flat not getting the bus.
If you're in Mary Gee and likely to have morning lectures don't bother, most of the buses don't stop because they're full.
Oh, and bus prices are really expensive if you don't have a bus pass.

I just don't get people who get the bus from Mary Gee. It's much easier and probably faster to just go and walk down the road. It's only around 10-15 minutes. Hardly a hard task.

OP, maybe get a bike instead?

I use to the make the walk every day and I quite enjoyed doing it. I only got the bus a handful of times all year.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by fallenangel
For those looking to buy an Arriva Bus Pass:

https://m-ticket.arriva.co.uk/csp/arrivanat/dt.interface.shop.cls

This discount code is valid for the time being, it'll take off £35 so I'd say it's worth getting: 82275117

Hope it helps!

Cheers.
Any ideas if this is a one off payment? Or if one can pay for it monthly?
£315 in one go seems like a lot at the moment... :/
Original post by Kya
Cheers.
Any ideas if this is a one off payment? Or if one can pay for it monthly?
£315 in one go seems like a lot at the moment... :/

I think there is a monthly option and I completely agree man, seeing that money leave my account was painful considering I'm having to pay for so much and I haven't even started university.
Reply 23
Original post by fallenangel
I think there is a monthly option and I completely agree man, seeing that money leave my account was painful considering I'm having to pay for so much and I haven't even started university.

Yep :frown:
I mean, £300-ish quid for the sports facilities card... £300-ish quid for the bus... I've already gone over my student finance loan :frown:
Reply 24
Am trying to book Arriva bus pass online but not sure what student no to put in.
There are two numbers on my letter from leicester one is personal id number which is same as ucas number the other
says it is the University of Leicester number - do I use one of these?- haven't got a student card yet and I think the bus pass has to be the
same as that??

Any help would be appreciated
Original post by agonyaunt
Am trying to book Arriva bus pass online but not sure what student no to put in.
There are two numbers on my letter from leicester one is personal id number which is same as ucas number the other
says it is the University of Leicester number - do I use one of these?- haven't got a student card yet and I think the bus pass has to be the
same as that??

Any help would be appreciated

I ordered mine online and used my University of Leicester number :smile:
for international students, shd we also book one now? Or do it during the orientation week?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Does anyone know if the discount expires? I might have to wait a little bit to buy one...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kya
Yep :frown:
I mean, £300-ish quid for the sports facilities card... £300-ish quid for the bus... I've already gone over my student finance loan :frown:

Sports card for most people will be £200. £250 if you want a fresh towel every time you go in. Get it before 7th October and it is £180. Still high so just make sure you use it.

If you just need one for sports teams and not use the pools/gym then get Silver for £100.
Reply 29
Original post by SirMasterKey
Sports card for most people will be £200. £250 if you want a fresh towel every time you go in. Get it before 7th October and it is £180. Still high so just make sure you use it.

If you just need one for sports teams and not use the pools/gym then get Silver for £100.

Nah, the Silver isn't an option for me :biggrin:
I wanna use the pools & gyms!
Any idea if the £180 can be paid monthly?
Original post by Kya
Nah, the Silver isn't an option for me :biggrin:
I wanna use the pools & gyms!
Any idea if the £180 can be paid monthly?

Don't think so, the implication I get is that it has to be paid up front.
Reply 31
Original post by SirMasterKey
Don't think so, the implication I get is that it has to be paid up front.

Okay, thanks!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
How do you buy the sports card for 180 ? :smile:
Original post by Sean O'Sullivan
How do you buy the sports card for 180 ? :smile:

Go into one of the sports halls and ask to buy one there. Alternatively go to the Sports Office in the Charles Wilson. Best bet will be the former really. They might also have a stand at freshers fair for you to pay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending